Pearl's post game comment...Wow!

FWIW, there were times yesterday, that Lofton was the worst player on the floor(especially the defensive end)

I think they showed a stat yesterday that he was third in school history in steals? Maybe not the quickest with his footwork, but great anticipation and great hands, makes up for it quite a bit. Too bad UK didn't win.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they showed a stat yesterday that he was third in school history in steals? Maybe not the quickest with his footwork, but great anticipation and great hands, makes up for it quite a bit. Too bad UK didn't win.

That was an interesting stat. Chris is not the fastest on the ball defender, but is such a heady kid he collects a lot of steals. Pearl's system, which creates a lot of turnovers, fit in perfect with Lofton and his game.

Regarding the comments, while he may have been using it as motivation, there is a method to Pearl's madness and is still somewhat a backhanded shot to UK for never recruiting him, imo.

In general (as in not aimed at CLo), steals are not a strong indicator of overall defensive ability.

I'll be glad when Lofton is out of school maybe we can move on. With some of those stupid shots he took down the strech the UK faithful would be calling for his scholly if not before now. He's had a great career at UT and if he gets the chance I hope he does well in the NBA. He's a Kentucky kid that didn't play at UK he's not the first and believe me he won't be the last. Lets move on people. Its been years now.

:thumb: