Silva Submits Henderson

Thats the way I see it too, BUT Hendo only signed a 2 fight deal with the UFC.

If DREAM's 1st couple of shows do ok I see A LOT of guys going back to Japan. Not because the UFC and Dana are bad, they are a great org. but the money in Japan is so much more.

What is up with DREAM? Who owns it?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This wont be popular on here...

But I think Hendo and Silva rematch and Hendo takes it. I think you will see more of what you saw in the 1st round, Hendo taking Silva down and GnP him.

Play-out: Okami vs Silva-Silva winning.

Ace vs Hendo- Hendo winning

Then Silva and Hendo rematch.

That's certainly possible, but I'm not sold on it happening. I'm assuming Okami is going to be next...I'm not sure why, but that's the guy they're hyping now. Franklin beat him just a couple of fights ago...

As much as I like Dan Henderson (I picked him to win this last fight), I don't think he can beat Anderson Silva. In addition, I think Dan Henderson is better as a LHW and I think that's where he'd prefer to be and I think he'd stand a better chance of winning a rematch with Rampage than Silva. Who knows what Dana White will do, but they should re-sign Hendo and let him fight at 205.

As for Anderson Silva, he's just spinning his wheels at middleweight now. He needs to up the ante and fight some of the 205 pounders...there's no one in the UFC's middleweight class who can test him. He's made beating some of the top 185 pounders in the world look easy...Franklin (twice), Henderson, Marquardt.

Silva is just too good...I don't think you can go 5 rounds with him without getting caught at some point, and once he catches you and rattles you, I've never seen anyone better at finishing the fight whether it be KO, TKO or submission.

The UFC could probably make some major money on a PPV that involved him fighting an elite LHW, particularly Rampage or Liddell, IMO. They should seriously look into that, but I doubt that will. Dana would probably prefer to let Silva beat up on an overmatched MW class so he can continue to hype him and claim that he has the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world.

Silva seems like a once-in-forever type of fighter...I hope we get to see him push himself to the limit. I'd like to know just how great he is. Can he dominate the LHW division? I think it's possible and I'd love to know.

What is up with DREAM? Who owns it?

DREAM is owned by Fighting and Entertainment Group (owners of K-1) and former PRIDE executives from Dream Stage Entertainment.

In reality Zuffa financed this org. when it bought PRIDE FC.

What did you guys think of the kid from Louisa getting some national exposure as the last fight that was televised.

I thought he looked really good. He impressed me...his striking looked very good. Josh Koscheck wasn't an easy draw, but I thought he represented himself well and showed a lot of potential...

At 21 years old, if he continues to train hard and improve, he's got a chance to be a factor. I expect to see him again...

DREAM is owned by Fighting and Entertainment Group (owners of K-1) and former PRIDE executives from Dream Stage Entertainment.

In reality Zuffa financed this org. when it bought PRIDE FC.

I really wish they would have kept Pride alive...

Thats the way I see it too, BUT Hendo only signed a 2 fight deal with the UFC.

If DREAM's 1st couple of shows do ok I see A LOT of guys going back to Japan. Not because the UFC and Dana are bad, they are a great org. but the money in Japan is so much more.

I think Hendo will re-sign. Just dont think Hendo will leave after going 0-2.

That's certainly possible, but I'm not sold on it happening. I'm assuming Okami is going to be next...I'm not sure why, but that's the guy they're hyping now. Franklin beat him just a couple of fights ago...

As much as I like Dan Henderson (I picked him to win this last fight), I don't think he can beat Anderson Silva. In addition, I think Dan Henderson is better as a LHW and I think that's where he'd prefer to be and I think he'd stand a better chance of winning a rematch with Rampage than Silva. Who knows what Dana White will do, but they should re-sign Hendo and let him fight at 205.

As for Anderson Silva, he's just spinning his wheels at middleweight now. He needs to up the ante and fight some of the 205 pounders...there's no one in the UFC's middleweight class who can test him. He's made beating some of the top 185 pounders in the world look easy...Franklin (twice), Henderson, Marquardt.

Silva is just too good...I don't think you can go 5 rounds with him without getting caught at some point, and once he catches you and rattles you, I've never seen anyone better at finishing the fight whether it be KO, TKO or submission.

The UFC could probably make some major money on a PPV that involved him fighting an elite LHW, particularly Rampage or Liddell, IMO. They should seriously look into that, but I doubt that will. Dana would probably prefer to let Silva beat up on an overmatched MW class so he can continue to hype him and claim that he has the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world.

Silva seems like a once-in-forever type of fighter...I hope we get to see him push himself to the limit. I'd like to know just how great he is. Can he dominate the LHW division? I think it's possible and I'd love to know.

I think he can beat Silva, and may be the only guy in the UFC capable. I also think Hendo would beat Rampage in a re-match. I personally think the wrestlers game-plan better than the rest in MMA, and are always really tough to beat in rematches.

Time will tell!!!

:thumb:

Good stuff...and I agree with pretty much all of it. I'm not so much interested in Anderson Silva moving up to LHW full time, but rather seeing the UFC promote a "superfight". As much as I'd like to see Silva vs. Rampage, it wouldn't make a lot of sense from UFC's perspective. And, it wouldn't be fair to the other contenders at 205 for Rampage to fight Silva...that puts everyone else at least 3 months behind on their potential title shot.

However, supposing Chuck Liddell loses again, or works his way back up and loses to Rampage again...then, I think a Liddell vs. Silva fight would make a lot of sense. Can you imagine the hype?

I didn't know Wanderlei Silva had decided to drop to middleweight...that definitely changes the picture a lot. A Silva vs. Silva matchup would be great...and it would give Anderson a chance to bag another elite opponent. Or, it could be his toughest challenge. It definitely breathes some more life into the middleweight class and keeps it going for a little longer...now we have some really good potential matchups.

IMO, I think the UFC should give Wanderlei and immediate shot at the title, and here's why. Don't take the chance on him losing to a guy like Rich Franklin...make this fight happen. It's the same deal as when they went ahead and made the Chuck vs. Wandy fight...forget about letting them fight someone else...make it happen. The hype would be huge and it would generate a lot of money.

Wanderlei Silva is a man though...I know he's on a losing streak, but look at who he's fought...

Cro Cop (when he was good:lol:), Dan Henderson, Chuck Liddell...imagine adding Keith Jardine and then Anderson Silva...I don't know that there's ever been a tougher stretch of 5 fights in MMA history.

^Just to add a little more, with Wanderlei dropping down, it buys the UFC some more time in the 185 pound division. They can go with Silva vs. Okami next...and they can hype that fight and create some intrigue because Okami has a victory over Silva via DQ. If nothing else, they can use the revenge angle like they did with Chuck Liddell and Jeremy Horn.

With Wanderlei Silva dropping down, they could promote the Silva vs. Silva fight next...and hopefully, by that time, a guy like Michael Bisping could have some success and possibly fight for the title. I'm kind of glad to see Wanderlei dropping down...and I hope Dan Henderson moves back up.

Chuck Liddell is now fighting Rashad Evans...Rua had to pull out due to injury.

Well crap...who is Thiago Silva going to fight? That's a tough break for him. I was really looking forward to seeing him fight Rashad.

^Just to add a little more, with Wanderlei dropping down, it buys the UFC some more time in the 185 pound division. They can go with Silva vs. Okami next...and they can hype that fight and create some intrigue because Okami has a victory over Silva via DQ. If nothing else, they can use the revenge angle like they did with Chuck Liddell and Jeremy Horn.

With Wanderlei Silva dropping down, they could promote the Silva vs. Silva fight next...and hopefully, by that time, a guy like Michael Bisping could have some success and possibly fight for the title. I'm kind of glad to see Wanderlei dropping down...and I hope Dan Henderson moves back up.

I'd love to see Wanderlie Silva vs Anderson Silva. I hope Wanderlie beats Jardine, then drops down and whoops up on someone like Nate Marquardt, then gets a shot at Anderson Silva.