Silva Submits Henderson

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spider is a freaking animal! Is there anyone in the world who can beat this guy?

Nobody at middleweight thats for sure. I'd love to see him move up to 205 and fight those guys. He has totally cleaned out the 185lb division. Absolute monster in the octagon.

Watched it at Hooters. I am not surprised by the outcome, Silva is a beast!

Kongo needs some work.

Wish they would have shown Diego Sanchez or Arlovski's fight though. Decent PPV, not as good as I expected. Okami looked great over Tanner though.

Silva should fight Okami next and after that he needs to move to 205. Also cool to hear Mark Coleman is coming back to fight Brock Lesnar in August.

When I was in High school, Mark Coleman was my camp counslor one summer at OSU...

2008 is going to be an awesome year for the UFC. Some of the upcoming ppv's they showed last night are going to be great.

And nobody is going to beat Anderson Silva at 185 lbs.

Any chance we are gonna see Kimbo Slice fight in the UFC?

2008 is going to be an awesome year for the UFC. Some of the upcoming ppv's they showed last night are going to be great.

And nobody is going to beat Anderson Silva at 185 lbs.

Any chance we are gonna see Kimbo Slice fight in the UFC?

I hope Kimbo Slice never makes it to the UFC. He'll end up fighting someone with actual fighting talent soon and he will get DESTROYED.

He's a street fighter, nothing more. He's too old to become a big time star. He fought another big time street fighter in a street style brawl (Sean Gannon ) and lost. Sean Gannon did make it to the UFC...and he got...BEAT DOWN.

Silva should fight Okami next and after that he needs to move to 205. Also cool to hear Mark Coleman is coming back to fight Brock Lesnar in August.

I don't see how Silva could bulk up to 205. He's a natural 185 lber. I don't see how he could put on the extra weight. From his frame, I think that he'll be lucky to get to 195. Most light heavyweights walk around at 220 or more before they begin camp. If the weight is cut correctly, that is a huge advantage due to increase in quickness and endurance as the weight drops. Silva, I would assume, would lose a lot of his quickness if he forced himself to put on that much weight.

I don't see how Silva could bulk up to 205. He's a natural 185 lber. I don't see how he could put on the extra weight. From his frame, I think that he'll be lucky to get to 195. Most light heavyweights walk around at 220 or more before they begin camp. If the weight is cut correctly, that is a huge advantage due to increase in quickness and endurance as the weight drops. Silva, I would assume, would lose a lot of his quickness if he forced himself to put on that much weight.

I've read that Silva walks around at close to 200 lbs. It wouldn't be hard to add a little weight.

It might be hard to fight with that extra weight, though. I think he should stay at 185 and dominate it. He gets to the HOF if he stays at this weight. Eventually, a challenge will emerge. I think going to 205 is a mistake for him. I wonder if Rush St. Pierre and Spider could work out a fight? Rush has fought at 185 before and he may be a good challenge for Silva.

It might be hard to fight with that extra weight, though. I think he should stay at 185 and dominate it. He gets to the HOF if he stays at this weight. Eventually, a challenge will emerge. I think going to 205 is a mistake for him. I wonder if Rush St. Pierre and Spider could work out a fight? Rush has fought at 185 before and he may be a good challenge for Silva.

I've also heard that Silva is interested in possibly boxing any of the top 185 lb boxers, or dropping down to welterweight. Lots of rumors on what he might do. A match up between St.Pierre and Silva would be NICE!

Also read that Wanderlie Silva was thinking of going to 185, which would be nice.

I hope Kimbo Slice never makes it to the UFC. He'll end up fighting someone with actual fighting talent soon and he will get DESTROYED.

He's a street fighter, nothing more. He's too old to become a big time star. He fought another big time street fighter in a street style brawl (Sean Gannon ) and lost. Sean Gannon did make it to the UFC...and he got...BEAT DOWN.

Kimbo is a thug, he any fighter he faces that has some grappling talent will submit him...

I've read that Silva walks around at close to 200 lbs. It wouldn't be hard to add a little weight.

He wouldn't need to add weight...he could be just like Dan Henderson. Just fight at his normal weight. He could dominate the majority of the LHW division just as he is and personally, I think he could take that title in that class too, if he wanted too.

He's the best fighter in the world, IMO. There's not another fighter in the world with his skill set...you can't stand with him because he's the best striker in MMA history. If you close the distance he's devastating in the clinch and he's one of the best submission fighters in the business...amazing fighter. Period. Definitely the most exciting fighter in the world...he's worth the PPV cost by himself, IMO.

As for the fight, I picked Henderson, but the closer it got to fight time the more I started thinking...can he really beat this guy? :lol: I thought Hendo gave him a decent fight, but Silva is just too good...once he rocks you it's over. He always finishes his opponent when he gets them "on the ropes". He's the best I've ever seen at that. What the heck, he's the best I've ever seen at a lot of things. :D

I still think Henderson is the second best middleweight in the world...like I said earlier, it's quite possible Hendo is the second best fighter in two weight classes. I hope he moves back to 205 now...better fights to be had and there's no reason to dominate the rest of 185 with no chance to beat the Spider.