Silva Submits Henderson

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see Wanderlie Silva vs Anderson Silva. I hope Wanderlie beats Jardine, then drops down and whoops up on someone like Nate Marquardt, then gets a shot at Anderson Silva.

I'd love to see it. If he beats Jardine, I think the UFC should just go ahead and let those two fight...forget about letting Wanderlei fight anyone else. I don't see any need to risk him losing to another good fighter and blowing the opportunity to make this fight happen.

Personally, I think Anderson Silva would take Wanderlei out too. But, it's still intriguing. Wanderlei is a legend, so there would still be that little bit of doubt thinking, "Can he be the one to do it?"

I don't see it as a foregone conclusion that Wanderlei would automatically beat a guy like Marquardt or Rich Franklin, so I wouldn't even risk it. If he drops to 185, I'd make the fight happen.

Wanderlei proved he was a tough guy when he fought Liddell. He took some big shots in that fight. I just don't think his style matches up well at all with the Spider...Wanderlei likes to bang and in this fight he'd be at a big reach disadvantage against the world's most technical and dynamic striker. I think the Spider would take him out in the first two rounds just like everyone else.

But, I'd still love to see it.

^Just to add a little more, with Wanderlei dropping down, it buys the UFC some more time in the 185 pound division. They can go with Silva vs. Okami next...and they can hype that fight and create some intrigue because Okami has a victory over Silva via DQ. If nothing else, they can use the revenge angle like they did with Chuck Liddell and Jeremy Horn.

With Wanderlei Silva dropping down, they could promote the Silva vs. Silva fight next...and hopefully, by that time, a guy like Michael Bisping could have some success and possibly fight for the title. I'm kind of glad to see Wanderlei dropping down...and I hope Dan Henderson moves back up.

Bisping is overrated. He was lucky the homecrowd influenced the judging in his fight against Hammel. I hope that Franklin works him in April and gets some revenge for Cincinnati.

Bisping is overrated. He was lucky the homecrowd influenced the judging in his fight against Hammel. I hope that Franklin works him in April and gets some revenge for Cincinnati.

I agree, but it would make the middleweight class more interesting if Bisping could win enough to earn a title shot...otherwise, Silva will just beat the same guys over and over. That's all I was getting at. I don't expect Bisping to beat Rich Franklin.

I agree, but it would make the middleweight class more interesting if Bisping could win enough to earn a title shot...otherwise, Silva will just beat the same guys over and over. That's all I was getting at. I don't expect Bisping to beat Rich Franklin.

Silva is 32. His game is speed and agility. He'll average 2 fights a year. We probably have 3-4 more Silva fights where he will be at the top of his game. Somebody will come along and make things interesting and then catch Silva as he slips a little. I know what Couture did, but he's a wrestler who has based his game on strength. He caught Sylvia w/ a right and broke Gonzlez's nose on a slam. I think that unless Silva, while very proficient in Jiu Jitsu, becomes BJ Penn, he will be hurting once his striking slows a little. Of course, this could be way off. The guy is incredibly well rounded.

Silva is 32. His game is speed and agility. He'll average 2 fights a year. We probably have 3-4 more Silva fights where he will be at the top of his game. Somebody will come along and make things interesting and then catch Silva as he slips a little. I know what Couture did, but he's a wrestler who has based his game on strength. He caught Sylvia w/ a right and broke Gonzlez's nose on a slam. I think that unless Silva, while very proficient in Jiu Jitsu, becomes BJ Penn, he will be hurting once his striking slows a little. Of course, this could be way off. The guy is incredibly well rounded.

Of course he'll have to slow down eventually...I'm not sure it's going to happen in two years though. He should be able to fight at least 3 times per year considering he rarely ever gets hit in a fight. :lol: