March 2, 200818 yr Yes they are. Forget all of Cleveland's signings, the biggest move to make the Cleveland Browns the favorite is Alan Faneca signing with Jets. Steelers are going to miss him
March 2, 200818 yr With the three huge free agency additions and coming off of a 10-6 season are the Browns the team to beat in the AFC North? No. IMO Anderson will struggle this year as the QB for the Browns, and was just a one year wonder. I see them being around a .500 team next year IMO.
March 2, 200818 yr No. IMO Anderson will struggle this year as the QB for the Browns, and was just a one year wonder. I see them being around a .500 team next year IMO. I'm not sure what people are basing these predictions of Anderson struggling on. He has many good weapons on offense including Winslow, Edwards, Stallworth, Jamal Lewis etc. Not to mention their offensive line is fairly solid. There's no indications that he will struggle next year. He may have a better year next year than this year, since he has a year under his belt.
March 2, 200818 yr I'm not sure what people are basing these predictions of Anderson struggling on. He has many good weapons on offense including Winslow, Edwards, Stallworth, Jamal Lewis etc. Not to mention their offensive line is fairly solid. There's no indications that he will struggle next year. He may have a better year next year than this year, since he has a year under his belt. :thumb: The only place I "disagree" with you there is that their O-line is phenomenal, not just fairly solid.
March 2, 200818 yr :thumb: The only place I "disagree" with you there is that their O-line is phenomenal, not just fairly solid. It was really good last year only giving up 14 sacks of Anderson and leading Lewis to 1300 yards rushing. They will contend for their division next year.
March 2, 200818 yr I see it as a 2 horse race with Pit and Clev. I look for Cincy and Balt to battle it out for 3rd.
March 2, 200818 yr Did you watch the Browns last year? Our defense sucked anyway. We have added some great depth to the d-line and the added pressure to the QB (which was absolutely non existent last year) will only help the DBs The Defensive front has improved, but losing Bodden will hurt. Anderson struggled down the stretch, even against the Bengals' defense. Lewis is aging; it was his first really good year in a while.
March 2, 200818 yr I love what the Browns are doing. For the first time since the team returned to the NFL, it appears they on track to compete at the upper levels. This past year they proved they could pass, they could run and they are trying to shore up the devense. The future is looking very positive.:thumb: The future....not having draft picks in the first three rounds certainly is not helping the future. Teams spending big in free agency don't win Super Bowls.
March 2, 200818 yr I believe that the Browns are doing some very positive things and will be in the hunt for the AFC North, possibly making te playoffs. As others have mentioned, Pittsburgh will be tough again as always, the Steelers are the Steelers. Baltimore imo will be really improved as well but I think that the Browns will be much improved as well. We will have to see. As for the Bengals, I personally am getting tired of hearing the same old song and dance from their front office and I have come to the same feelings on them as I have the Reds......."Talk is cheap , put the winning product on the field and enough of the lip service". JMO but the Bengals are the worst ran orginazation in football (or one of them anyway).
March 2, 200818 yr As far as I know the Browns haven't resigned Lewis have they? Browns are probably the team to beat in the AFC North. I was really hoping the Browns would try and use Quinn this year and try and get a 1st and 3rd for Anderson but oh well. Wonder what the chances are that the Browns deal Quinn to Miami for the 1st pick. Of course the Browns would have to give up someone else too.
March 2, 200818 yr The Bengals will finish ahead of the Browns in '08. So you're predicting the Browns to finish in last place?
March 3, 200818 yr As far as I know the Browns haven't resigned Lewis have they? Browns are probably the team to beat in the AFC North. I was really hoping the Browns would try and use Quinn this year and try and get a 1st and 3rd for Anderson but oh well. Wonder what the chances are that the Browns deal Quinn to Miami for the 1st pick. Of course the Browns would have to give up someone else too. Yes, Lewis has resigned; he did over a month ago. I think you will see Quinn next season.
March 3, 200818 yr Yes, Lewis has resigned; he did over a month ago. I think you will see Quinn next season. Actually it was like 10 days ago!:thumb:
March 3, 200818 yr I'm not sure what people are basing these predictions of Anderson struggling on. He has many good weapons on offense including Winslow, Edwards, Stallworth, Jamal Lewis etc. Not to mention their offensive line is fairly solid. There's no indications that he will struggle next year. He may have a better year next year than this year, since he has a year under his belt. Here is what I am basing it on. He started to struggle some down the stretch. To begin the year teams definitely didn't know what to expect when they played the Browns and wasn't ready for a good offense. Now teams have a whole off season to prepare for the Browns. I mean it was kind of like the Bengals offense in 2005, it really surprised people, and ever since that year we have started to go down a little bit. Not to mention the Browns started to show this a little at the end of the year, teams started to figure out Anderson a little bit, and we started to see him struggle at the end of the year. I see next year him going back to being very ordinary and struggling. Then you would have people calling for a QB change and all of that great stuff. So I really do think around the 8th or 9th game of the year, that we will see Quinn at QB IMO.
March 3, 200818 yr Here is what I am basing it on. He started to struggle some down the stretch. To begin the year teams definitely didn't know what to expect when they played the Browns and wasn't ready for a good offense. Now teams have a whole off season to prepare for the Browns. I mean it was kind of like the Bengals offense in 2005, it really surprised people, and ever since that year we have started to go down a little bit. Not to mention the Browns started to show this a little at the end of the year, teams started to figure out Anderson a little bit, and we started to see him struggle at the end of the year. I see next year him going back to being very ordinary and struggling. Then you would have people calling for a QB change and all of that great stuff. So I really do think around the 8th or 9th game of the year, that we will see Quinn at QB IMO. The only response I have for this is the same stuff was said about both Drew Brees and Tony Romo. I don't know for certain that Ancerson is the answer, but I like what I saw over the course of the sason.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.