Ashland 56 Fairview 45

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Tomcats on advancing to the championship. Coach Cooksey and the Fairview Eagles has had a good season and will have for the next two(at least) seasons. When it is tournament time the Tomcats step up to the challenge.

IMO they will be VERY talented in the years to come and will be a force to be reckoned with. Good season Eagles!:thumb:

Great win for the Tomcats and Coach Biggs. Shows character by the players and coaches to hang in there under adversity. Good luck in the finals.

:thumb: Good post BH, it certainly does show what the Ashand coach and kids are made of. Ashland, with their sucsess and tradition through the years shouldn't have to explain anything to anyone.

It's hard to beat a team 3 times in one year. I think over all, Fairview probably has the most talant. However, Ashland is one of those teams who like to get physical. That seams to be where Fairview has problems. However, we must remember they're all sophmores except for Armstrong. They'll bounce back and will probably be a lot stronger next season.

I have a few observations and they are as follows:

1. I must give credit to the officiating crew last night. I thought the game was well officiated. And that would include Joe Billman, who I chastised for the game before. I will say perhaps having a solid crew around him made a difference, I don't know. But Billman and the rest did a fine job! Perhaps he had an off night on Tuesday, but a marked improvement to say the least.

2. I'm very happy to see Mr. Thomas make it to the regional tournament. I've said it here before, that I'd hate for Matt to have ended his senior season not advancing to the playoffs in either football or basketball.

3. I continue to be impressed by Mr. Hall. He knocked down shots with a hand in his face and essentially kept Fairview in the game down the stretch.

4. Finally, that guy in Westwood ain't no Wizard.

Only in America, baby!

I have a few observations and they are as follows:

1. I must give credit to the officiating crew last night. I thought the game was well officiated. And that would include Joe Billman, who I chastised for the game before. I will say perhaps having a solid crew around him made a difference, I don't know. But Billman and the rest did a fine job! Perhaps he had an off night on Tuesday, but a marked improvement to say the least.

Could it be that you think Mr. Billman had a good game because your team wasn't involved, and you just think Mr. Billman is bad when he makes calls against your team?

Could it be that you think Mr. Billman had a good game because your team wasn't involved, and you just think Mr. Billman is bad when he makes calls against your team?

Always the detective!!

Nope, I thought last night was the best he's officiated in the times I've seen him. He did a swell job.

And if you will do your slueth work, you'll see that I said he was equally officiating in the game the night before.:p

And I'll go one step further, that Gearhart girl is a fantastic official, and when accompanied with Mr. Hall, they had a quality crew last night. They did a bang-up job. I hope that is the same crew for the final.

Congrats to the Tomcats.

Both teams seemed very tight early and made numerous unforced turnovers.

LRCW, Yet another of the Duckster's Fairview predictions goes down in flames.

Since I picked them to advance and beat RH in the final, should this lock me in to picking Ashland?;)

I sure hope so.