Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Biggest Heartbreakers (Players Perspective)

Featured Replies

I was just thinking about this and thought I'd see what kinda opinion BGP had...

 

We have all seen many amazing, bizarre, insane finishes in college basketball.... The question I'm asking is, out of them all, if you were in the position of the team on the losing end, which one would you have most wanted to NOT be a part of...

 

Let me see if this example explains a little better.... I have seen a lot of crazy finishes and disappointments, but of all the games, I can't imagine what it would have been like to be on the Memphis team when Darius Washington Jr. missed 2 of 3 of those free throws...

Fab Four with Chris Webber calling the timeout that they did not have.

How about USC with Harold Miner, leading Georgia Tech with 0.8 seconds left, watching James Forrest catch and sling a three-pointer through to knock them out of the NCAA Tournament? I'll always remember that...

 

Or Clemson watching UConn throw the ball the length of the court to Tate George with one second left...

 

Which leads me to the ultimate...as a Kentucky fan. Up one with 2.1 seconds left...

 

...:DI'll spare you all, in case there are some who haven't come to terms with what happened...:lol:

Remeber the full court dash for a lay up that kept UCLA alive in the 95 tourney that they eventually won? ALSO, Nazr's quick-fling to beat Vandy in '98.

Not a team, because they ended up winning the game. But your heart had to go out to Rod Rhodes when he missed those free thows at the end of reg. against Arkansas, and he was so upset about it that Pitino took him out and he spent most of OT crying. I felt so bad for him.

Fab Four with Chris Webber calling the timeout that they did not have.

 

Which frosh wasn't a member of the Fab 4?:D

Biggest heartbreaker of all time was Christian Latener hitting the shot to beat UK and advance to the final four. Pelphrey just stood and watched, I think if he had it to do over he might put a hand in his face.

Remeber the full court dash for a lay up that kept UCLA alive in the 95 tourney that they eventually won? ALSO, Nazr's quick-fling to beat Vandy in '98.

 

Was that Tyus Edney?!?!

I tried to remember, and was hoping someone would come up with a name. I think it was. I can still remember him just going in for an almost uncontested layup from the other end of the court to win the game.

Yes, it was Edney. Everyone thought Ed O'Bannon would take the game-winning shot, so that made it even more dramatic.

 

As far as Nazr's shot at Vandy, it was a biggie. I was there and Memorial Gym was in an absolute state of shock. I remember Pitino hustling the team off the court so the refs wouldn't have time to reconsider whether it was in time or not. Vandy fans still swear it shouldn't have counted.

Not a team, because they ended up winning the game. But your heart had to go out to Rod Rhodes when he missed those free thows at the end of reg. against Arkansas, and he was so upset about it that Pitino took him out and he spent most of OT crying. I felt so bad for him.

 

I remember that vividly.

 

Here's another one, leading at the end to watch the Valpo play that was practiced in the backyard by the Drew family. Also, watching the Jimmy V. run around the court after the last second airball oop would have to be hard as the loser.

I was on campus the Monday after Dayton lost the NCAA first-round game to DePaul in 2004 in two overtimes, having the last shot with a chance to win at the end of regulation and both overtimes. I don't think I caught a glimpse of a player for about a week after that one. They were a mess.

Bryce Drew for the win..... It's GOOD!!!!! The call on that play was awsome. As you the swan dive after he made the shot.

Which frosh wasn't a member of the Fab 4?:D

 

:irked: Fab 5, I always forget cause only 4 went to the pro's, and cause I'm dumb

Biggest heartbreaker of all time was Christian Latener hitting the shot to beat UK and advance to the final four. Pelphrey just stood and watched, I think if he had it to do over he might put a hand in his face.

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.