Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2008 Mayfield

Featured Replies

What does Mayfield need to do to improve in 2008? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Well, first, Mayfield has to replace 2 or 3 coaches, lol. But I think as far as the team is concerned a ton of talent is returning, really young talent and if this talent can grow up quick Mayfield could be really scary offensively. Defensively there is still a big question mark with defensive coordinator Lawson gone.

If past history is any indication all they have to do is show up.

 

I know they work hard over there but I can't remember Mayfield not being in the mix of top teams in what ever Class they were in. Good luck keep it up.

  • Author
Well, first, Mayfield has to replace 2 or 3 coaches, lol. But I think as far as the team is concerned a ton of talent is returning, really young talent and if this talent can grow up quick Mayfield could be really scary offensively. Defensively there is still a big question mark with defensive coordinator Lawson gone.

 

One of the bigger unnoticed storylines of the off-season is Mayfield losing a couple of the best assistants in the state. Both of which have played intregal roles in their success.

That district will be a 3 team race, should be interesting...

Replacing key assistant coaches and young, but very talented players may keep Mayfield down a little from their norm, espically early in the season. I think Mayfield is a year away from being able to put the talent to use. Hope I am wrong but that is how it appears to me at this point.

Replacing key assistant coaches and young, but very talented players may keep Mayfield down a little from their norm, espically early in the season. I think Mayfield is a year away from being able to put the talent to use. Hope I am wrong but that is how it appears to me at this point.

 

Its still early but I would say thats a fair assessment at this point. I have heard a ton of applicants have applied for Lawson's position, anybody got any names to throw around? :fire:

Guy Morris :D

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

j/k

Replacing key assistant coaches and young, but very talented players may keep Mayfield down a little from their norm, espically early in the season. I think Mayfield is a year away from being able to put the talent to use. Hope I am wrong but that is how it appears to me at this point.

 

:thumb:

Word is there will be moves from in house to fill Lawson's vacancy. From what I here they should be okay for a long time in that regard.

Mayfield will still win the district. I dont see anybody beating them unless we have a melt down like last year. Hard to say how this team will be state wise but I'm thinking we are two years away and then some very nice talent is on its way.

Mayfield will still win the district. I dont see anybody beating them unless we have a melt down like last year. Hard to say how this team will be state wise but I'm thinking we are two years away and then some very nice talent is on its way.

 

Awful bold statement considering they came within a field of losing to Crittenden and Crittenden bringing back I believe every starter but 1...

Awful bold statement considering they came within a field of losing to Crittenden and Crittenden bringing back I believe every starter but 1...

 

No disrespect but that is just the way we Mayfield fans think because a lot of teams have had everything coming back in our district and region and we have a very good record against all of them. I believe Crittenden will give Mayfield a big challenge.

Word is there will be moves from in house to fill Lawson's vacancy. From what I here they should be okay for a long time in that regard.

 

That seems to have been the plan all along from what I have gathered

McNutt still has another year, right?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.