Top 5 Coaches in the 16th Region (part 2)

I'll choose Hampton as coach of the year. Not only has he done a fine job at Lewis, first and foremost IMO is the fact that he was smart enough to stay there!!!:thumb:

and for my choice for 2nd place for COY honors is Ethan Faulkner.

Ethan Faulker??????

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll choose Hampton as coach of the year. Not only has he done a fine job at Lewis, first and foremost IMO is the fact that he was smart enough to stay there!!!:thumb:

and for my choice for 2nd place for COY honors is Ethan Faulkner.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

C'mon Doc Lewis is 12-17 thats not COY numbers.

I'm saying COY for staying in Vanceburg and not migrating south on the AA to rt. 23. Smart move. And FWIW, your Ramblers better strap it up against those 12-17 Lions. They've been on a roll lately, something that has become typical out of that bunch at this time of the year. I'll have to give credit to Hampton for that I suppose.;)

I'm saying COY for staying in Vanceburg and not migrating south on the AA to rt. 23. Smart move. And FWIW, your Ramblers better strap it up against those 12-17 Lions. They've been on a roll lately, something that has become typical out of that bunch at this time of the year. I'll have to give credit to Hampton for that I suppose.;)

You are absolutely correct on both points. I hope he remembers that this spring when the job re-opens.

1.Floyd

2.Zornes

3. Cooksey

4.Baker

5.Hicks

Nothing against Coach Floyd at all but I don't think he has been a HC long enough to rank at #1, especially above the likes of Zornes and Cooksey. I think he has a really bright future and I think he is a good coach but some of these coaches have some impressive accomplishments. I agree with Hicks though as much as I hate to say it. I hate how he acts on the sidelines along with his antics about the officials but I have to admit that he can coach basketball. But like I said earlier Boss, I respect your opinion and I stand by that!!

Trying to stay objective here, given that I broadcast games and have some close ties to the coaches in this region. If we are talking strictly this year and we are talking about coaching what you have and results, I would go with:

1. Brandon Baker --Good talent, has won 22 ball games, great game coach

2. Rex Cooksey -- Good staff who knows the game, great motivator

3. Scott Floyd -- Has done a lot in first year with decent talent

4. Jeremy Webb -- NOBODY thought the Comets would win 19 ball games this year!

5. Jim Hicks -- 2 great players, motivated them to a pretty good season.

Go ahead, throw the darts. I can take it.

Trying to stay objective here, given that I broadcast games and have some close ties to the coaches in this region. If we are talking strictly this year and we are talking about coaching what you have and results, I would go with:

I'd replace #2 with Tim Fraley.

At least you don't show any home town bias;)

At least you don't show any home town bias;)

I honestly think Baker is the best coach in the region. I knew putting him number 1 would make people think that, but I really believe it.

For Spindoc,

Coach Fraley is a great guy and has done a fine job at RH this season. I just don't think he is a better coach than the other guys listed. Same with Rick Mays, RH and Elliott are doing a lot of what they do because of incredible talent. Sometimes a lot of talent is hard to coach, making people happy with PT and such, but I think you could win a few ball games with the talent RH has this season. I am not taking away anything from Coach Fraley or Coach Mays, this is just my opinion. They are both fine people and good coaches, just not in the top 5 in my very humble opinion.