Top 5 Coaches in the 16th Region (part 2)

I give it to Faulkner, cause he has to play also!

I agree & lets hope Faulkner is coaching from here on because I do not think he would do what I saw Mayes do last night. Ferg leaves @ 5:02 in the 4th with a 20 point lead & re-enters with a little over 2 minutes to go & EC leading by 19. MC not showing any signs of a comeback. Then Evan had been out for a while & re-enters with 43 seconds remaining in the game & EC leading by like 17 or 19. I know I have posted a similar comment on another thread but I just cannot believe what I saw. Come on Coach Mayes it is tourney time do not foolishly get someone hurt, especially one of your vital cogs!! I am still dumbfounded by this move!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree & lets hope Faulkner is coaching from here on because I do not think he would do what I saw Mayes do last night. Ferg leaves @ 5:02 in the 4th with a 20 point lead & re-enters with a little over 2 minutes to go & EC leading by 19. MC not showing any signs of a comeback. Then Evan had been out for a while & re-enters with 43 seconds remaining in the game & EC leading by like 17 or 19. I know I have posted a similar comment on another thread but I just cannot believe what I saw. Come on Coach Mayes it is tourney time do not foolishly get someone hurt, especially one of your vital cogs!! I am still dumbfounded by this move!!

Some people on here, (and I don't mean you or anyone specific) that haven't followed EC before but do now because they have a good team have found out what the knowledgeable EC fans have always known! And I'm not bashing the man, for years he done a job that nobody wanted. And I'm sure he has always coached the best that he knew how, doesn't change the fact...

I honestly think Baker is the best coach in the region. I knew putting him number 1 would make people think that, but I really believe it.

For Spindoc,

Coach Fraley is a great guy and has done a fine job at RH this season. I just don't think he is a better coach than the other guys listed. Same with Rick Mays, RH and Elliott are doing a lot of what they do because of incredible talent. Sometimes a lot of talent is hard to coach, making people happy with PT and such, but I think you could win a few ball games with the talent RH has this season. I am not taking away anything from Coach Fraley or Coach Mays, this is just my opinion. They are both fine people and good coaches, just not in the top 5 in my very humble opinion.

So your saying Baker doesn't have any talent? If we are talking about coaches most capable to cry a river to officials, then yeah Baker is the man! There is nothing he does or is that seperates him from the other coaches in the region, IMO.

So your saying Baker doesn't have any talent? If we are talking about coaches most capable to cry a river to officials, then yeah Baker is the man! There is nothing he does or is that seperates him from the other coaches in the region, IMO.

I never said East didn't have talent, but Billy G has yet to show up at the Harold L Holbrook Athletic Complex East to watch them play! And, to my knowledge, none of them have been invited to UK's campus to watch Midnight Madness or anything else for that matter. How many legitimate D1 players do you see on East's roster??

I never said East didn't have talent, but Billy G has yet to show up at the Harold L Holbrook Athletic Complex East to watch them play! And, to my knowledge, none of them have been invited to UK's campus to watch Midnight Madness or anything else for that matter. How many legitimate D1 players do you see on East's roster??

GoRadio,

I'm not saying you're right or wrong here. This thread is obviously opinion based, but I am in interested in what team do you think has the best talent 1-7? I'm asking you because you've probably seen more games than all of us.

These are all just opinions guys. I don't anyone posting on this list is intentionally leaving anyone off the list that they feel should be there. Not everyone is going to see the same things in what makes a person a good coach. If it were only talent, winning percentage and titles, then it would be clear cut every year. There is no malice in my opinions about coaching. I looked at the coaches I have seen on the court this year (and I have seen every team at least twice except Menifee) and evaluated what I felt made them good coaches. That's all. We are very fortunate here in the 16th to have many great coaches, which makes a top 5 like this tough.

When did Billy G. come to the Hook? As for the kid that went to Madness, potential he has in spades, but I would take Barnhill over him in a second. As for D1 players.... Maybe the best coach in the Region isn't developing his players

By the way, if you would look at my original post, I stated that East had "good talent", wasn't trying to hide that fact.

Don't get me wrong GO. Baker's teams are always hard nosed, defensive minded teams that are very much teams, they play together and will always compete. I'm just not as sold on him being the best coach in the region as you are.

Fair enough, but in big part for the reasons you just mentioned, I do. No hard feelings! I am not a big fan of cole slaw, but don't get upset with those who are!

Fair enough, but in big part for the reasons you just mentioned, I do. No hard feelings! I am not a big fan of cole slaw, but don't get upset with those who are!

Now you've gone and done it. How in the world can't you like cole slaw? What do you put on your barbecues? :lol: