Rose Hill 78 Greenup County 60

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Royals. I picked the Royals by 20 and until about 8 seconds to go I was right. Oh, well. Congratulations to the Greenup seniors, it's been a tough road to say the least. Congrats on hanging in there. Good luck to both next week.

Congrats to Rose Hill. They could have won by 40, easy.

Now for Greenup, JV and Varsity games were WITHOUT A DOUBT the two worst coached games I have seen all year, by ANY team. I could go on and on as to why, but what is the use. If you were at the game, you know why and if you weren't, it wouldn't matter to you anyway. The Greenup Administration has ANOTHER chance to do the right thing with the hiring of a new coach and staff. I just hope they get it right this time. Neither on the bench now deserve that chance. I have been patient for two years in a row now, but it's time to fix the problems.

Best of luck to both teams in tournament play.

Congrats to Rose Hill. They could have won by 40, easy.

Now for Greenup, JV and Varsity games were WITHOUT A DOUBT the two worst coached games I have seen all year, by ANY team. I could go on and on as to why, but what is the use. If you were at the game, you know why and if you weren't, it wouldn't matter to you anyway. The Greenup Administration has ANOTHER chance to do the right thing with the hiring of a new coach and staff. I just hope they get it right this time. Neither on the bench now deserve that chance. I have been patient for two years in a row now, but it's time to fix the problems.

Best of luck to both teams in tournament play.

What are your qualifications to be a judge of coaching talent?? Isn't it a little unfair to judge their coaching ability based on the situations they have been put in the last 2 years?? I have spoken with numerous coaches and former coaches who feel Coach Smith has done fine under the circumstances this year and that Nathan Sutton has a bright future as a young up and coming coach. I trust their opinions much more than someone who hides behind a computer and spouts off.

What are your qualifications to be a judge of coaching talent?? Isn't it a little unfair to judge their coaching ability based on the situations they have been put in the last 2 years?? I have spoken with numerous coaches and former coaches who feel Coach Smith has done fine under the circumstances this year and that Nathan Sutton has a bright future as a young up and coming coach. I trust their opinions much more than someone who hides behind a computer and spouts off.

My qualifications are probably about as good as yours. NO, I don't think it's unfair to judge their coaching ability based on what I have seen for the past two years!! Don't see either as having a bright future in coaching, young up and coming or not. I'm glad you trust their opinions, that sure means a lot to me. Just glad you're not spouting off behind your computer.

BTW, were you at the game? If so, how can you possibly say either done a fine job?

I never said anything about my qualifications to judge coaches but I do take seriously the opinions of highly respected current and former coaches who probably know more about what it takes to be a good coach than you or I.

BTW, I'm more than willing to divulge who I am (not that it's any big secret) if you are.

I never said anything about my qualifications, either. I would love to hear from a "highly respected current and former coach" who think Smith and Sutton are doing a fine job. Just hope they don't apply, either.

I don't really care who you are. Why would you care who I am, I'm just someone who spouts off behind my computer, remember?

We could argue back and forth all day and it still doesn't help the coaching situation at Greenup. I just hope for the players, things get better. They are who matters, not you or I.