Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How much did the Vandy game hurt your faith in Billy G?

What did the Vandy loss do to your faith in Billy G? 105 members have voted

  1. 1. What did the Vandy loss do to your faith in Billy G?

    • I am back to the way I felt in late December.
      4%
    • Nothing. Full faith that he will have UK a national title before he leaves.
      39%
    • I still want to believe but the way they lost has me doubting.
      7%
    • I am simply lost and don't know what to think.
      9%
    • Let him get his players and his system and 3 more years before we start judging him.
      39%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

First off I didn't attack you, and I don't appreciate being lumped in with anyone that did. I don't feel as though I have a reason to doubt BCG, he's not had enough of a chance to prove himself--if you go back and read my posts on both him and UK this season I've not had any unrealistic expectations. What I did have a problem with was your response to OR--if you don't care take it somewhere else--but don't act like I made any sort of attack on you.

 

My response to OR was solely on his "And the garbage continues" comment... What's garbage about me saying what I know was right?

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My response to OR was solely on his "And the garbage continues" comment... What's garbage about me saying what I know was right?

 

Given your disdain for all things UK your quote came across more as an indictment of the UK Fan's belief in BCG than a simple statement of your opinion. I was more concerned with your response to me.

Given your disdain for all things UK your quote came across more as an indictment of the UK Fan's belief in BCG than a simple statement of your opinion. I was more concerned with your response to me.

 

Regardless of my "disdain for all things UK," I said what I thought most would say, and I was right.

Regardless of my "disdain for all things UK," I said what I thought most would say, and I was right.

 

I'm not saying that you weren't correct--just pointing out how your comment came across. Like I said before, that comment offended me much less than the ones you made to me after.

None of the above. I never bought into the theory that UK was playing its way onto the bubble anyway. Most of UK's wins have been ugly and I have never enjoyed watching the 'Cats less than since Billy G was hired. I enjoy watching teams that win games with more assists than turnovers.

The lose was just terrible. Vandy played out the hind end in that game and UK didn't even show up. When you have a 5 second call because no one will come back to bring the ball up the court, that isn't all coaching that is lack of thinking. Although one person should be designated to take the ball out everytime, someone, a.k.a. a senior, should realized you need the ball to be brought up the court. But, by the time its all said and done I truely believe BCG will have UK fans groveling at his feet because of success. Including me.

I am not a fan of Billy Slime and am having a difficult time accepting the fact that he is the coach of the University I have loved for many years.

 

He doesn't measure up to the bar I have established as to the class of the coach at the University of Kentucky......not even close.

 

Not to go into his coaching style or philosophy, but his playing an injured Jodie Meeks in Nashville the other night with UK down 40 points in the mop up minutes of the game, ranks right there with the all-time bonehead coaching moves I have ever seen.

 

Get lost, Billy Slime! You are not wanted. Go away on your own so UK will not have to spend thousands of dollars in legal fees to get out this contract.

 

And Mitch............never mind.

If I get the least bit worried about BCG, then I just turn on the A&M team he left behind. The Aggie team he put together renews my faith in him. The Vandy loss was indescribable, but not the end of the world. I firmly believe Vandy would have beaten anyone that night. I used to have season tickets to Memorial and the "Magic" they talk about is real. When they have a good team, that gym is as hard to play in as any in the country. Don't dismiss for a second that it was Billy's first time there and it's quite an adjustment. Not making excuses, but I'm certainly not going to go all Chicken Little over one game.

Do you not think just maybe he wanted Jodie to get a little real-time game action, without any pressure to do to much? You can't recreate a game situation and perhaps he wanted Jodie to get his feet wet after being out so long.

I am not a fan of Billy Slime and am having a difficult time accepting the fact that he is the coach of the University I have loved for many years.

 

He doesn't measure up to the bar I have established as to the class of the coach at the University of Kentucky......not even close.

 

Not to go into his coaching style or philosophy, but his playing an injured Jodie Meeks in Nashville the other night with UK down 40 points in the mop up minutes of the game, ranks right there with the all-time bonehead coaching moves I have ever seen.

 

Get lost, Billy Slime! You are not wanted. Go away on your own so UK will not have to spend thousands of dollars in legal fees to get out this contract.

 

And Mitch............never mind.

 

Thanks for the laugh! This post made my morning.

Perhaps one more voting option could be considered: Faith has not changed since there was no faith from the start

Vandy outplayed us and everything went right for them. Nothing went right for the Wildcats. Let's see how they rebound from this loss Saturday in Baton Rouge.

My response to OR was solely on his "And the garbage continues" comment... What's garbage about me saying what I know was right?

 

Just commenting on about the last 10 posts I had read of yours were all garbo IMO.

Just commenting on about the last 10 posts I had read of yours were all garbo IMO.

 

The feeling on your posts is mutual. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.