Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Please BCG tell me this

Featured Replies

To the best of my knowledge Coach Billy G. doesn't have an account on here. I wouldn't expect a answer.:D

 

I figured he did have an account and was just trying to make everyone look foolish in the poll earlier in the season about how many games Coury would start.:thumb:

  • Replies 43
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coury starts, plays about 3 minutes, then comes out for the rest of the half. I don't have a problem with that if he works hard while he is in and does not cost the team too much damage.

But that three minutes is some of the most important of the game. I know it wouldnt have changed anything but last night we stoped them there first pos. and we knock the ball around it flies by Courys head and he wasnt even looking. If we had got that atleast we would have had a chance to lead at one point in the game ;)

At this point, who cares about Coury. He starts and plays 3 minutes. I don't see why we don't at least those 3 minutes for Jared Carter and try to win the tip everytime. The kid may not be a great basketball player (although I think he could contribute), but at least he'd win the tip the majority of the time.

 

What I really want to know is how Coach G. decides when Jodie Meeks should play? Why would you EVER put him in down 40 in the 2nd half when he was too hurt to play in the 1st?

 

Am I missing something here?

What I really want to know is how Coach G. decides when Jodie Meeks should play? Why would you EVER put him in down 40 in the 2nd half when he was too hurt to play in the 1st?

 

Am I missing something here?

 

He got in at the end of a blowout, just happens that we were on the wrong side.

 

Why not put him in and let him play a little at game speed, and maybe knock off some rust? If he was a bit slow on D, who cares?

 

He was already back practicing, so its not like he wasn't cleared for activity. It was just some more practice time for him as far as I'm concerned.

He got in at the end of a blowout, just happens that we were on the wrong side.

 

Why not put him in and let him play a little at game speed, and maybe knock off some rust? If he was a bit slow on D, who cares?

 

He was already back practicing, so its not like he wasn't cleared for activity. It was just some more practice time for him as far as I'm concerned.

 

If Meeks was ready to go for the ballgame, why not play him when he could have potentially made a difference in the outcome.

 

It seemed to me like BCG was trying to make another point, much like he did with Crawford early in the season. Maybe even going as far as to embarass the kid, so that he knows BCG is in charge.

If Meeks was ready to go for the ballgame, why not play him when he could have potentially made a difference in the outcome.

 

It seemed to me like BCG was trying to make another point, much like he did with Crawford early in the season. Maybe even going as far as to embarass the kid, so that he knows BCG is in charge.

 

Could it be that he was healthy enough to play, but not in shape enough?

 

Maybe BCG didn't think he would be effective against Vandy, but once the game was decided, BCG wanted to give him some game time to get back in the swing of things?

 

Same reason you put the scrubs in during a blow out.

 

Who was BCG embarrasing by putting Meeks in?

Could it be that he was healthy enough to play, but not in shape enough?

 

Maybe BCG didn't think he would be effective against Vandy, but once the game was decided, BCG wanted to give him some game time to get back in the swing of things?

 

Same reason you put the scrubs in during a blow out.

 

Who was BCG embarrasing by putting Meeks in?

 

Just a theory, but Meeks himself. If I were Meeks and I were healthy enough to play, being that talented I would probably not like it if I didn't get in the ballgame until the second half and we were down by 40 (or whatever it was at the time).

 

Just kind of seems like he is systematically trying to tear down their ego's, which may prove to be a good thing for a program, but for right now it leaves me scratching my head.

Out of all the players we have Meeks seems to be the one that least needs an attitude adjustment.

Could it be that he was healthy enough to play, but not in shape enough?

 

Maybe BCG didn't think he would be effective against Vandy, but once the game was decided, BCG wanted to give him some game time to get back in the swing of things?

 

Same reason you put the scrubs in during a blow out.

 

Who was BCG embarrasing by putting Meeks in?

 

There is absolutely no benefit of putting Jodie Meeks in when he did. None!

 

If he's out of shape, then have him run sprints after the game. Or before the game. Or on his own time. Don't put him in a game when he's trying to get healthy and we're down 40. That's just ridiculous.

Could it be that he was healthy enough to play, but not in shape enough?

 

Maybe BCG didn't think he would be effective against Vandy, but once the game was decided, BCG wanted to give him some game time to get back in the swing of things?

Same reason you put the scrubs in during a blow out.

 

Who was BCG embarrasing by putting Meeks in?

 

The game was decided in the 1st half, and then even more so in the first 5 minutes in the 1st half. So if what your saying is true, he should have put him in a lot earlier, instead of waiting to put him in during the last 8 minutes of the game.

I give up. You guys are all right. BCG is stupid and trying to reinjur Jodie, crush his spirit, and embarass him all at the same time. Only a complete moron with dare think otherwise.

 

Carry on.

I give up. You guys are all right. BCG is stupid and trying to reinjur Jodie, crush his spirit, and embarass him all at the same time. Only a complete moron with dare think otherwise.

 

Carry on.

 

Never once did I say that. I'm sure that BCG has great intentions for everyone on the team.

 

I just don't see what Jodie Meeks brought to the table in the 2nd half that he wasn't able to bring to the table in the 1st.

Never once did I say that. I'm sure that BCG has great intentions for everyone on the team.

 

I just don't see what Jodie Meeks brought to the table in the 2nd half that he wasn't able to bring to the table in the 1st.

 

:thumb:

Right now its easy to criticize Gillispie, but on Monday he had basically became a hero. It was a horrible loss, no doubt about that. But its not the end of the line. There is still a lot of games left. The media is all over Gillispie again, but they have short memories, like most fans do.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.