Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who Will Win The 13th Region ????

Featured Replies

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go with Pineville. I know that is a popular choice, but not as much as Corbin. I think the Pineville team will be ready to play and avenge their loss to Corbin if the two match up in the tournament. However, I think that South Laurel has the ability to upset a few teams as coach Wright has the experience to win the tournament.

Have to go with Corbin, they should be considered the favorite right now and they will continue to improve.

I think they are 5 or 6 teams that could win the region, but I am going to go with Corbin.

Where's it played? That could be a factor.

I would love to see a small school like Pineville win it, but I worry about their depth, and if their two stars, Strange and Day, get into early foul trouble.

I think if Crawford is 100% healthy, Corbin will win the 13th.

South Laurel will also be in the mix. They have something that the other's don't...many of their kids have been there recently and shouldn't get caught up in the 'moment'.

  • Author

I think the 13th region tourney will be held at Knox Central High School. I think this site will mix it up very well.!!!!! I cant wait until tourney time!!!!

I think you once it boils down to it, Corbin and Cumberland will still be your top teams but I wouldn't be shocked to see a sleeper that has potential yet lacks the hype such as Clay County win it. South, KC, or Pineville could win it too but I'm not sure how they'd fair in the consecutive games type thing. Jackson has a ton of talent but remind me too much of the Kansas Jayhawks. They seem to be hyped all the time but choke when it counts. That's not to say that they can't win it this year though.

I will go with experience and tradition. Steve Wright and South Laurel. I live in the 12th Region and don't have a dog in the fight. SL seems to be playing better and blasted Corbin not too long ago. Interesting game this Thursday with Knox Central @ SL.

Whomever wins the Region tournament this year is going to earn it. There are many teams that have the talent and ability to win. South, Corbin, Cumberland, Pineville, Knox Central, Clay County, Jackson County all have the ability to win this regional tourny. What will make a big difference is how the district tourny's shuffle out and who ends up playing who in the first round of the region. For instance if South Laurel gets the number 1 seed in their district, they will have to play Williamsburg, and corbin would play Whitley. If corbin gets the 1 then they will play williwmsburg, and South would play whitley. The district tournament is being held at Whitley and Whitley always is a very hard place to play. Which ever team has to play Whitley will have to fight to win that game. Chris Baker and Jason Faulkner will have Whitley's boys ready to play and South or Corbin better not look over this game. Depending on the outcome of this game this could make a difference if Corbin and South are able to get by Williamsburg and Whitley. Games in the district and in all district cases the winner of that district should have an easier first round game in the region altough this is not always the case. Which team do you think has the best team not for one night but for 3 or 4 games in one week. Look at this seasons tournaments that they have played in and this might tell you who has the debth to travel to Rupp.

Whomever wins the Region tournament this year is going to earn it. There are many teams that have the talent and ability to win. South, Corbin, Cumberland, Pineville, Knox Central, Clay County, Jackson County all have the ability to win this regional tourny. What will make a big difference is how the district tourny's shuffle out and who ends up playing who in the first round of the region. For instance if South Laurel gets the number 1 seed in their district, they will have to play Williamsburg, and corbin would play Whitley. If corbin gets the 1 then they will play williwmsburg, and South would play whitley. The district tournament is being held at Whitley and Whitley always is a very hard place to play. Which ever team has to play Whitley will have to fight to win that game. Chris Baker and Jason Faulkner will have Whitley's boys ready to play and South or Corbin better not look over this game. Depending on the outcome of this game this could make a difference if Corbin and South are able to get by Williamsburg and Whitley. Games in the district and in all district cases the winner of that district should have an easier first round game in the region altough this is not always the case. Which team do you think has the best team not for one night but for 3 or 4 games in one week. Look at this seasons tournaments that they have played in and this might tell you who has the debth to travel to Rupp.

 

 

I agree, I believe that Jason Faulkner might be the most underrated assistant coach out there right now. He has all the potential in the world, I am very curious to see where he lands next year. I personally look for him to be in the 13th as a head coach. Which means that B.J. Amburgy will might get his chance as the assistant coach at Whitley, which he has done an excellent job as their middle school coach. Good luck to both of these guys!

 

As for the question that you have posted, I believe tha Corbin has the deepest bench, therefore should be able to make the run!

I am going to go with South. I just have a feeling that they will surprise people, which a lot of the schools right now in the 13th are playing awesome, but I will go with South.

Let me see the draw and then I will tell ya.

The favorite? Has to be Corbin.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.