Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who Will Win The 13th Region ????

Featured Replies

Steve Wright and Asst. Roscoe Denny wins another regional title.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to say a showdown between Corbin and So Laurel, but I believe Corbin will pull it out this year.

The 13th region could be one of the most exciting regional tournaments in the state this year. Quite a few teams are worthy enough to win it this year and earn a ticket to Rupp.

 

I would like to see Pineville have a good showing. A very classy coaching staff with a solid guard in Strange and a hard-working blue collared player in Day in the middle. I'm sure Corbin will be the favorites and Crawford is another favorite of mine. Don't think any kid could have handled his injury any better than he did.

 

Good luck to all the teams this year.

At this point I would put several teams there with a chance

 

In no particuliar order

 

Cumberland

Knox Central

Corbin

South Laurel

North Laurel

Clay County

Pineville

Middlesboro

 

Now how these teams do depends alot on how their districts go, if team A has a tough game and Team D has an easy game and does not get worn down Team D could win even if Team A is better.

 

There are still too many variables for me to pick right now.

 

BUT

 

 

I think that Corbin may be leading the pack but that does not mean I think they will win at this point.

If you have Middlesboro in there, then there's no way you can leave out Bell County. The Bobcats are one of the more improved teams in the region lately. I do agree with your picks, but I would take Middlesboro out and put Bell in instead.

If you guys aren't going to narrow it down beyond nine teams you will get no bragging rights when it's over.

 

I planned to narrow it down to three for this post, but couldn't.:irked:

If you have Middlesboro in there, then there's no way you can leave out Bell County. The Bobcats are one of the more improved teams in the region lately. I do agree with your picks, but I would take Middlesboro out and put Bell in instead.

 

 

Yeah you are right I just forgot about Bell.....but I still think Middlesboro could be there, but on second thought they might not have the dogs to win it but they could really have a serious say as to who does.

I agree. Middlesboro has the ability to pull off an upset here or there.

At this point I would put several teams there with a chance

 

In no particuliar order

 

Cumberland

Knox Central

Corbin

South Laurel

North Laurel

Clay County

Pineville

Middlesboro

 

Now how these teams do depends alot on how their districts go, if team A has a tough game and Team D has an easy game and does not get worn down Team D could win even if Team A is better.

 

There are still too many variables for me to pick right now.

 

BUT

 

 

I think that Corbin may be leading the pack but that does not mean I think they will win at this point.

 

If you name all of those teams, you have to add Jackson Co.

Yep, I forgot Jackson, too.

I believe Cumberland will win this region.

We've got to at least narrow it down some.

 

1.South Laurel

2.Knox Central

3.Corbin

4.Pineville

5.Cumberland

 

In that order. As everyone alludes to, there are several others who could take it all, but IMO, anyone outside of these five would be an upset of at least mild proportion.

South Laurel and Corbin are the two favorites at this point. Knox Central also must be considered. I think Pineville and Cumberland have both shown over the last couple of weeks or so that they won't make it through a deep tourny pool.

 

As Ric Flair used to say..."If you're a betting man, always bet on the champ." Look for South to rise again (no pun intended)

Definitely between South Laurel and Corbin!!! Both teams have great coaches and depth from the bench which are fundamental sound...

I agree, I believe that Jason Faulkner might be the most underrated assistant coach out there right now. He has all the potential in the world, I am very curious to see where he lands next year. I personally look for him to be in the 13th as a head coach. Which means that B.J. Amburgy will might get his chance as the assistant coach at Whitley, which he has done an excellent job as their middle school coach. Good luck to both of these guys!

 

As for the question that you have posted, I believe tha Corbin has the deepest bench, therefore should be able to make the run!

 

I agree with your comment about Coach Faulkner-he is a very positive inspiring coach that truly cares about his players. Coach Faulkner is a tremendous asset to the WCHS coaching staff! I truly hope that his cousin, Travis Faulkner, will become part of the coaching staff and take over the program at the middle school. However, I disagree with you about Coach Amburgy's coaching ability. So, lets agree to disagree... I also agree with you about this years Corbin team. Corbin will represent the 13th region extremely well--Corbin's coaches are very strategical and methodical in their game plan; they size up their opponent's weaknesses to a tee. I enjoy watching this team play... Good luck to all teams in the 13th!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.