February 7, 200818 yr I was looking for Hansbrough to have his way inside. How many did he end up with ? He had a monster game. Don't let the results of this game fool you....Duke is playing alright....but they have too much work to do, to make any real noise this season. I feel for DeMarcus Nelson, Duke has already really done what they could with this season.
February 7, 200818 yr On one hand I didn't think Duke was going to beat NC at the Dean Dome, even without Thomas at point guard and this kinda legitimizes them to me. At the same time I think lets see if they will be able to defend Cameron Indoor against NC with Lawson running the point before we make any real conclusions on if they are a NC contender...
February 7, 200818 yr Carolina really missed Lawson. I was very impressed with Duke, though. My thoughts.... :thumb:
February 7, 200818 yr 3-point shooting: Duke: 45% UNC: 18% Duke was around 50% at halftime. They were shooting lights out. RP, I agree that Duke isn't quite #2 yet but if Lawson stays hurt UNC is 10...maybe. If Frasor was available they could still make a run but there are stretches that QT makes me want to break my tv...
February 7, 200818 yr The above stat is the telling tale. This Duke team can flat out shoot, however 45% isn't likely game in and game out. Duke was hot last night, at the right time....I don't look for the same more often than not.
February 7, 200818 yr The above stat is the telling tale. This Duke team can flat out shoot, however 45% isn't likely game in and game out. Duke was hot last night, at the right time....I don't look for the same more often than not. What was up with the free throw shooting...:creepy::creepy:
February 7, 200818 yr What was up with the free throw shooting...:creepy::creepy: i was wondering the exact same thing? TH missed more free throws in that game than i have seen in a while going 4-9 from the stripe! I've already put that game behind, now its on to sunday where UNC will host clemson and hopefully Lawson will be back!
February 7, 200818 yr Way to go Duke. My two favorite teams are UK and any team who beats UNC.:thumb::thumb:
February 7, 200818 yr What was up with the free throw shooting...:creepy::creepy: I was amazed by it as well. I will say that they were fouling the right people, though I never expected Scheyer and Singler to struggle. Funny, that the top two teams in the country both can't shoot FT's all that well. That doesn't bode well for a deep run in the tourney.
February 7, 200818 yr Picked the Tarheels. Duke beat them at their own game. UNC did miss Lawson, so the tables could be turned March 8.
February 7, 200818 yr To my GREAT FRIEND TD....SCOREBOARD.... to everyone else....Duke still has so much work to do....they really aren't close to being the 2nd best team in the nation.....too much work to do, and likely not enough time to become great. If they're not numero dos after that performance. Then by the power of grayskull who is?
February 7, 200818 yr Author If they're not numero dos after that performance. Then by the power of grayskull who is? They deserve the ranking as of now. Not saying they are and not saying they aren't. But they could be at any time.. If that makes any sense at all.:lol:
February 7, 200818 yr Im waiting for Scarface to get on here:sssh: Overall Duke played tremendous IMO. When ever we needed a shot, someone made one. Ty not playing hurt them bad, but the shooting of Green and Wayne didnt help them much either. Duke has a nice 2 game lead in the ACC which is huge. If Lance played like he did last night we could really become more of a complete team. Coach K knows what he is doing with these kids and how to maximize their full potential. Other than that great game boys, you got BC Saturday.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.