Duke 89 UNC 78

GRC4LIFE

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have been a different outcome with Lawson.

I will only say this, maybe. UNC has some glaring weaknesses on defense, their spacing is horrible, they give up many open looks from the perimeter, and seem to be "chasing" the ball alot. IFF a team like Duke is hot, they are going to struggle, with or without Lawson being healthy.

I will only say this, maybe. UNC has some glaring weaknesses on defense, their spacing is horrible, they give up many open looks from the perimeter, and seem to be "chasing" the ball alot. IFF a team like Duke is hot, they are going to struggle, with or without Lawson being healthy.

Duke shoots like that, they'll beat a lot of people...

I agree. I only watched the 2nd half, but several times Duke penetrated and I was like, where is the help defense? Its a problem for UNC. Obviously Coach Williams is a great coach, so I would think he will work to fix that.

The biggest thing with Lawson is he is the type of player that has given Duke fits, really since Duhon graduated. They have problems with really quick guards.

Yes, I apoligize for my error, but stand by my original statement as well.

Agreed... I loved the fact that we got Nolan. Saw him play while he was in high school and thought the same thing you did. He's exactly what we needed to help in the pg position against quicker teams.

To my GREAT FRIEND TD....SCOREBOARD....

to everyone else....Duke still has so much work to do....they really aren't close to being the 2nd best team in the nation.....too much work to do, and likely not enough time to become great.

They just beat UNC at home by 11, and they only have one loss, which was to a ranked team. What does Duke need to do to prove to you that they are #2? I think they could be #1.