Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Often Does This Happen?

Featured Replies

I agree with Plato and GRC4LIFE, it should be seeded. I have always felt the top two seeds should have the advantage.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would they rather play Mason County twice during the season and guarantee two beat-downs, or would they rather take a chance on the draw?

 

Regular season, with seeding: 0% chance of winning

No seeding: 67% chance of avoiding Mason County and giving self decent shot at regional berth

 

Maybe it's just the competitor in me, but if I have a chance to earn the 2nd spot in the seeding that would be my preference.

Maybe it's just the competitor in me, but if I have a chance to earn the 2nd spot in the seeding that would be my preference.

 

I totally understand. But the schools vote on seeding and I guess the other schools chose to draw. As another poster said, it has pros and cons for both.

That's true. Even if they lose both times to Mason, they still are even on the playing field with everyone else in the district that is going to lose to Mason, so it pretty much means that Augusta, St. Pat and Bracken must fight amongst themselves for the 2nd spot.

Would they rather play Mason County twice during the season and guarantee two beat-downs, or would they rather take a chance on the draw?

 

Regular season, with seeding: 0% chance of winning

No seeding: 67% chance of avoiding Mason County and giving self decent shot at regional berth

 

It wouldn't matter what you did against mason but against the other two teams. You would control your own destiny if you play the other three teams. a blind draw you have no control over your opponent.

It wouldn't matter what you did against mason but against the other two teams. You would control your own destiny if you play the other three teams. a blind draw you have no control over your opponent.

 

Yep, that's pretty much what I was saying in my previous post. :thumb: If everyone lost against Mason, then those games don't technically "matter" because everyone's record would be the same. However, the games played amongst the 3 other teams would be the ones that mattered, so I'm sure that some teams would like that, while maybe others wouldn't.

I disagree, I would say this is exhibit A of why it SHOULD be seeded. I don't even know who all is in the district, but the team that finishes 2nd in the district would have EARNED the right NOT to play Mason Co. in the first round of the district tournament. Those kids are the ones that are hurt by not seeding if they draw Mason and don't get the chance to play in the regional by luck of the draw, rather than by their performance.

 

Exactly what I was thinking. :thumb:

I would say this happens VERY rarely. I am not surprised by this however, not one bit!!!

When Scott Co. was in district with Grant Co., Williamstown, Owen and Walton? it seems that they didn't always want to "waste" a game against them in the regular season.

 

Then again, Grant knocked them out in the the districts in 2003. The only played one district game that year in the regular season. It was against Grant.

 

I don't think many people saw that happening. It looks like you would want to get some familiarity with the teams in your district even it if is only to schedule them once.

St. Pat was very smart in not scheduling the Royals this year. It may have proven to be the best decision based on the Saints confidence going to this season. Why go into the first game of the season and get destroyed, let your kids gain the confidence needed. I believe Coach Hinson made his team better by not scheduling the Royals first again.

Another way to seed would be to use the first game against each opponent to determine the seed. That way Mason Co. could play each team once and wouldn't have to waste three other games by playing them twice. Years ago, that's how it was done in some districts because the larger schools didn't want to waste games by having to play the smaller schools twice.

I think Mason might benefit from playing @ St. Pat. Hawaii one week, 250 seat Shamrock dome the next.:p

I agree with Plato and GRC4LIFE, it should be seeded. I have always felt the top two seeds should have the advantage.

 

I also agree! With this situation, the regular season meant so little that they didn't even take the time to play! The regular season should mean something and the top district teams should be rewarded by seeding games.

Well, not every school can afford a trip to Hawaii!

Mason County will play the entire regular season without playing a single game against a district opponent. No regular-season games scheduled, and the MCIT fell out without the Royals playing Augusta, Bracken or Saint Patrick.

 

Just seems a bit unusual.

 

I was thinking the same thing Papa.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.