Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Often Does This Happen?

Featured Replies

Mason County will play the entire regular season without playing a single game against a district opponent. No regular-season games scheduled, and the MCIT fell out without the Royals playing Augusta, Bracken or Saint Patrick.

 

Just seems a bit unusual.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then they'll need to be ready for a potential surprise in district tournament play!:D

Then they'll need to be ready for a potential surprise in district tournament play!:D

 

Haha, I guess you never know these days. They'll sure be sorry if that happens, huh? Barring a MAJOR injury of say...all 5 starters, Mason County should be alright in the districts :lol:

Haha, I guess you never know these days. They'll sure be sorry if that happens, huh? Barring a MAJOR injury of say...all 5 starters, Mason County should be alright in the districts :lol:

 

I would imagine Mason County losing in the first round of the district tournament would be one of the bigger upsets in Kentucky history.

I can imagine that it's fairly rare, but we know it wouldn't be fair for anyone involved to play a regular season game.

I would imagine Mason County losing in the first round of the district tournament would be one of the bigger upsets in Kentucky history.

 

For sure. That is weird they haven't play a single team in their district though. Never heard that before.

I would imagine Mason County losing in the first round of the district tournament would be one of the bigger upsets in Kentucky history.

 

I know, I was being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

I can imagine that it's fairly rare, but we know it wouldn't be fair for anyone involved to play a regular season game.

 

This district would be exhibit A for the KHSAA not to force seeding. Most years Mason County would destroy their district rivals in regular season play, which means the Royals varsity players would get no time and the opponents wouldn't really gain much from the experience.

I know, I was being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

 

I know! I didn't mean to imply anything otherwise. I think we both agree with each other's statements!

For sure. That is weird they haven't play a single team in their district though. Never heard that before.

 

Probably because they are only allowed so many games, and they don't want to "waste" them on teams that they usually blow out of the gym. They usually play their district opponents, but it's just not fun anymore, because they demolish them, and coaches want to make the schedule stronger. When you have 2 games against Augusta, 2 against Bracken, 2 against St. Pat.. that's 6 games that you could have replaced for tougher games against tougher opponents, so I know what Mason is thinking in doing this.

I know! I didn't mean to imply anything otherwise. I think we both agree with each other's statements!

 

Haha, okay, gotcha! :thumb:

This district would be exhibit A for the KHSAA not to force seeding. Most years Mason County would destroy their district rivals in regular season play, which means the Royals varsity players would get no time and the opponents wouldn't really gain much from the experience.

 

I disagree, I would say this is exhibit A of why it SHOULD be seeded. I don't even know who all is in the district, but the team that finishes 2nd in the district would have EARNED the right NOT to play Mason Co. in the first round of the district tournament. Those kids are the ones that are hurt by not seeding if they draw Mason and don't get the chance to play in the regional by luck of the draw, rather than by their performance.

I agree with Plato...Basically to make the region from this district you have to HOPE you don't draw Mason and then win your game. I would think the players would rather EARN the trip to region instead of HOPE and luck into it.

I disagree, I would say this is exhibit A of why it SHOULD be seeded. I don't even know who all is in the district, but the team that finishes 2nd in the district would have EARNED the right NOT to play Mason Co. in the first round of the district tournament. Those kids are the ones that are hurt by not seeding if they draw Mason and don't get the chance to play in the regional by luck of the draw, rather than by their performance.

 

Would they rather play Mason County twice during the season and guarantee two beat-downs, or would they rather take a chance on the draw?

 

Regular season, with seeding: 0% chance of winning

No seeding: 67% chance of avoiding Mason County and giving self decent shot at regional berth

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.