Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Often Does This Happen?

Featured Replies

Even if it was seeded, could Mason elect not to play the teams and take the # 4 seed?

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if it was seeded, could Mason elect not to play the teams and take the # 4 seed?

 

 

If so the other three teams in the district would be trying to throw their district games so as not to win the top seed and have to play Mason.

If so the other three teams in the district would be trying to throw their district games so as not to win the top seed and have to play Mason.

 

I seriously doubt that.

  • Author

I was checking the Riherd's scoreboard. The following teams have not played any district games so far: Mason County (none scheduled). Evangel Christian, and KSD haven't played any yet but each has at least one scheduled. For some reason, the scoreboard does not have Region 13's W-L records, so I don't know if there are any teams in that region that won't play any district games before the district tourneys begin.

 

So unless I overlooked someone, and with Region 13 unknown (by me, at any rate); it appears that Mason County will be the only team in the Commonwealth that won't play a district opponent until tourney time.

I can't blame them for what they are doing.

Maybe it's just the competitor in me, but if I have a chance to earn the 2nd spot in the seeding that would be my preference.

 

I agree. The second seed would be the key to earning a spot in the region.

 

To win the region....you have to get there.

I can't blame them for what they are doing.

 

Can't blame who for what they are doing? I was lead to believe that St. Pat didn't want to schedule Mason. Was that the case or did Mason not want to schedule these teams? And if this is the case, was it the decision of other teams in the distrct to not schedule Mason?

 

Probably because they are only allowed so many games, and they don't want to "waste" them on teams that they usually blow out of the gym. They usually play their district opponents, but it's just not fun anymore, because they demolish them, and coaches want to make the schedule stronger. When you have 2 games against Augusta, 2 against Bracken, 2 against St. Pat.. that's 6 games that you could have replaced for tougher games against tougher opponents, so I know what Mason is thinking in doing this.

 

I don't think opponents thought it was much fun being demolished, either.:irked:

 

This district would be exhibit A for the KHSAA not to force seeding. Most years Mason County would destroy their district rivals in regular season play, which means the Royals varsity players would get no time and the opponents wouldn't really gain much from the experience.

 

At some of the the games I attended in past years, even when Mason was "destroying their rivals" their varsity players were still getting plenty of playing time, not giving the other team much of a break.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't ever remember Augusta or Deming (who used to be in this district) regularly scheduling to play Mason Co. I have also heard that this year Bracken Co. said they wouldn't play in the MCIT if they had to play Mason. So it sounds like the feeling is mutual.

Thiis is why it is completely absurd that Mason Co. is in the same district with 3 All A schools.

St. Pat was very smart in not scheduling the Royals this year. It may have proven to be the best decision based on the Saints confidence going to this season. Why go into the first game of the season and get destroyed, let your kids gain the confidence needed. I believe Coach Hinson made his team better by not scheduling the Royals first again.

 

Is there some rule that says if St. Pat and Mason play, it has to be a season-opener? They can't play a few confidence-builder games before playing MC? :confused:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.