Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cov Cath 61 Campbell County 59 (OT)

Featured Replies

Name a high school team in the time frame you are talking about that pressed or presses the entire game.

 

Scott County, Mason County, Lexington Catholic

  • Replies 54
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you would be giving up scoring ability on the offensive end hoping to gets points off of defense with the above.

 

This is not one of the more athletic or quick teams that CCH has had so the press is not an automatic positive IMO. Can you do it sporadically? Sure but you can't build your game plan around it.

 

CCH would have beaten Lafayette by 15 or so had they pressed regularly. Instead, they were relying on their half court man to man defense and Lafayette hung around for too long.

Where was that famous CovCath cheering section last night? I went and didn't see one student from CovCcath at the game. Were they on strike until they played better?:lol:

 

I thought the same thing.....I thought the Camel student section was great last night, need more there but thanks to the school administration for selling $2.00 tickets to the game so more students could come. At the normal $5.00 per student many just can not afford to come as often as they would like. Hope to see more "special" nights the rest of the season.

What was the turnover totals for both teams? You can't throw the ball away three times in the last 54 seconds and expect to win. If the Camels had taken three ten seconds calls trying to get the ball across the midcourt line they wouldn't have been any worse off. They are still playing pretty good defense and that should bode well for the rest of their schedule and during tournament time.

 

22 for Cov Cath and 21 for Campbell Co in turnovers. I agree with the hesitation crossing the midcourt line, if its supposed to draw the defense out well it is not working. Maybe that philosophy needs to be reevaluated against teams like Cov Cath.

22 for Cov Cath and 21 for Campbell Co in turnovers. I agree with the hesitation crossing the midcourt line, if its supposed to draw the defense out well it is not working. Maybe that philosophy needs to be reevaluated against teams like Cov Cath.

I think you'd better go back and re-check LexCath and Mason County. Sounds like a guess and I think you're wrong. Interesting you would pick a team that CovCath beat, so if they pressed the "whole" game, I don't think it worked out very well for them. Let me ask the question again, how many teams in Northern Kentucky press the whole game. Not many and in the past years, Holmes hardly at all against the Colonels.

CCH would have beaten Lafayette by 15 or so had they pressed regularly. Instead, they were relying on their half court man to man defense and Lafayette hung around for too long.

 

Wasn't Lafayette a game where they didn't shoot very well? Hard to press if you are struggling making shots.

I thought the same thing.....I thought the Camel student section was great last night, need more there but thanks to the school administration for selling $2.00 tickets to the game so more students could come. At the normal $5.00 per student many just can not afford to come as often as they would like. Hope to see more "special" nights the rest of the season.

 

$5 for students is robbery. Schools should be ashamed of themselves for even thinking about selling those. I know times are tough with schools and budgets are shrinking but come on.

$5 for students is robbery. Schools should be ashamed of themselves for even thinking about selling those. I know times are tough with schools and budgets are shrinking but come on.

 

Most of the students (I would say the majority of those who go to the games) pay $30 for a camel card and that gets them into any home game for the whole year.

Most of the students (I would say the majority of those who go to the games) pay $30 for a camel card and that gets them into any home game for the whole year.

 

Most??? Maybe most that come to the games but those are the kids whose parents can drop $30.00 along with all of the school fees at the beginning of the year. The other kids who do not show up are the ones that I worry about. Those are the kids whose parents would not shell out or can not shell out $30.00 for the pass and it is up to the kid to say lunch money or work money to pay the $5.00 for each game they go to. In fact most schools in the area that sell student passes sell it for less than what Campbell Co does. I really hope that this is looked at before next season.

$5 for students is robbery. Schools should be ashamed of themselves for even thinking about selling those. I know times are tough with schools and budgets are shrinking but come on.

 

 

AGREE:thumb:

:cry:

 

 

 

 

:thumb:

 

Personally every where Cov Cath goes the calls always seem to go there way, you want to see some horrible calls. Go to a Holmes/Cov Cath game. I feel your pain.

Sounds like a good game. Good win for Cov. Cath.

Personally every where Cov Cath goes the calls always seem to go there way, you want to see some horrible calls. Go to a Holmes/Cov Cath game. I feel your pain.

 

Good Lord. Get this guy a tissue.

Most??? Maybe most that come to the games but those are the kids whose parents can drop $30.00 along with all of the school fees at the beginning of the year. The other kids who do not show up are the ones that I worry about. Those are the kids whose parents would not shell out or can not shell out $30.00 for the pass and it is up to the kid to say lunch money or work money to pay the $5.00 for each game they go to. In fact most schools in the area that sell student passes sell it for less than what Campbell Co does. I really hope that this is looked at before next season.

 

Agree Ballem--$5.00 for a student ticket is absurd?? Had no idea it was that bad, that's robbery!!

Doesn't matter, they stink even with a name BBOA which can be renamed many things more appropriate.

 

You must have had BoQueen and Hudson tonight. They're just about the crappiest refs around. We didn't see them tonight but ours weren't much better than these 2. I feel your pain. :thumb: I think refs need more training I will say that the 3 we saw in Rowan Co from the 16th region were much better (one was a woman). It's sad that you have to leave your home area to have a game called FAIRLY and FAIRLY and consistant is all anyone asks for.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.