Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

64th District Site?

Featured Replies

Is that an inside joke?

 

Small schools, in most years, are already at a competitive disadvantage. They should never be required to give up their shot at hosting these tournaments. It can't always be about the money. If you are worried about a seat, get there early!

  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed Bogeyman, they should have the right to keep the tournament if they so choose. That said, it is easy to have it at bigger gyms, where everyone who wants to see the game, can see it. If I had to guess, I would say Fairview gives up their home court for the tournament, because that is what they usually do I think, and Elliott keeps the 62nd in Sandy Hook. Either way is should be up to the host school, or all districts should do a neutral site, every year as was suggested earlier.

Is that an inside joke?

 

There have been rumors floating around, and I stress the word rumor, that the 62nd district may be moved to accomodate the expected large crowds

Agreed Bogeyman, they should have the right to keep the tournament if they so choose. That said, it is easy to have it at bigger gyms, where everyone who wants to see the game, can see it. If I had to guess, I would say Fairview gives up their home court for the tournament, because that is what they usually do I think, and Elliott keeps the 62nd in Sandy Hook. Either way is should be up to the host school, or all districts should do a neutral site, every year as was suggested earlier.

 

They have no choice but to give up their home court......It must be played at a larger venue. The KHSAA has a rule that says....."The schools by majority shall decide what playing facilities can hold the attendance of the last five years of the tournament based on the fan followings of the schools and other logistical needs such as accessibility, parking, etc." In the case of the 64th, the attendance numbers from the OJ years have inflated the numbers a bit. Fairview and Rose Hill cannot "hold the attendance of the last five years" so it must be moved to a larger arena.

Does this mean when the OJ years attendance numbers phase out of the 5 year average then the district could be at Fairview again?

^That's a good question. Seems right to assume that though. Hope you're right. I'd prefer to see the smaller schools be able to host.

Does this mean when the OJ years attendance numbers phase out of the 5 year average then the district could be at Fairview again?

 

 

This is my understanding of the 64th district.

 

First, there is no definite rule of the KHSAA that says that it must be held at a site with any certain seating capacity. That is a red herring. However, if a majority (3) of the schools don't agree with holding the tournament in a particular place, KHSAA can step in.

 

Unfortunately, a couple of years ago RH's administrator and Fairview's superintendent signed an agreement hastily handed to them by Ashland's AD. I have heard that Rose Hill's admin said he signed it as he was getting in his car after a district meeting and was stopped by Swift. He said he thought it was an attendance sign in sheet. I also understand that neither of them knew what they were signing. The agreement provided for Ashland and BC to get their regular turn hosting the tournament but, in the case of the smaller two, the agreement said "TBA". With this designation, RH and Fairview are preempted from holding the tournament, other than the girls, at home. The agreement goes through 2011.

This is my understanding of the 64th district.

 

First, there is no definite rule of the KHSAA that says that it must be held at a site with any certain seating capacity. That is a red herring. However, if a majority (3) of the schools don't agree with holding the tournament in a particular place, KHSAA can step in.

 

Unfortunately, a couple of years ago RH's administrator and Fairview's superintendent signed an agreement hastily handed to them by Ashland's AD. I have heard that Rose Hill's admin said he signed it as he was getting in his car after a district meeting and was stopped by Swift. He said he thought it was an attendance sign in sheet. I also understand that neither of them knew what they were signing. The agreement provided for Ashland and BC to get their regular turn hosting the tournament but, in the case of the smaller two, the agreement said "TBA". With this designation, RH and Fairview are preempted from holding the tournament, other than the girls, at home. The agreement goes through 2011.

Not a real Swift move on Rose Hill's part, huh?

Not a real Swift move on Rose Hill's part, huh?

 

It was a dumb move.

I'm sorry I hit my send button before I was finished. Now the signing is water under the bridge. RH and Fairview have to find a way to make it work in their favor. I'm sure Fairview will want to see who they play the first round before they commit.

This is my understanding of the 64th district.

 

First, there is no definite rule of the KHSAA that says that it must be held at a site with any certain seating capacity. That is a red herring. However, if a majority (3) of the schools don't agree with holding the tournament in a particular place, KHSAA can step in.

 

Unfortunately, a couple of years ago RH's administrator and Fairview's superintendent signed an agreement hastily handed to them by Ashland's AD. I have heard that Rose Hill's admin said he signed it as he was getting in his car after a district meeting and was stopped by Swift. He said he thought it was an attendance sign in sheet. I also understand that neither of them knew what they were signing. The agreement provided for Ashland and BC to get their regular turn hosting the tournament but, in the case of the smaller two, the agreement said "TBA". With this designation, RH and Fairview are preempted from holding the tournament, other than the girls, at home. The agreement goes through 2011.

 

I beg to differ with you on the bold part.......If you look at post #34, the comments in quotations were taken directly from the KHSAA handbook.

I beg to differ with you on the bold part.......If you look at post #34, the comments in quotations were taken directly from the KHSAA handbook.
Which ByLaw, does this reference? Each District, must have a Site Selection Plan on file and I know if any conflicts arise, it gets resolved by their Board of Control, I believe.
Which ByLaw, does this reference? Each District, must have a Site Selection Plan on file and I know if any conflicts arise, it gets resolved by their Board of Control, I believe.

 

 

It is found under the Policies & Procedures section under Other Board of Control Precedents and Policies, District Tournament Requests.....I am looking at the 06/07 Handbook and it is found on page 114. I cant immediately locate my 07/08 copy.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.