Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

64th District Site?

Featured Replies

It is Fairview's turn to host but I have been told their facility does not meet KHSAA requirements for attendance.

Where will it be played?

  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It probably depends on who Fairview would have to play in the 1st round....

I never thought of that, good point.

Also, if there is minimum seating capacity, what is it? Also, if Elliott is hosting 62nd, how many does it seat? Just wondering.

I'm not sure there is a minimum seating requirement for district tournaments. Usually the smaller schools don't use their gyms out of courtesy to the crowds, along with the fact that bigger gyms get bigger crowds, which means more money.

I don't think there are any rules about the district tourneys. Unless something has changed in the past few years that I'm unaware of. I think they just go through the annual rotations.

I thought it was always held at Boyd or Ashland since their gyms are big enough. I'm guessing that's where it would be held.

 

I think as of today it would be Rose Hill/Boyd and Ashland/Fairview in district matchups.

  • Author

The KHSAA takes the average attendance of the past 5 tourneys and determines if a site is large enough.

I am sure Fairview would host it if they could.

The KHSAA takes the average attendance of the past 5 tourneys and determines if a site is large enough.

I am sure Fairview would host it if they could.

 

 

Where does the KHSAA get those attendance numbers?

The KHSAA takes the average attendance of the past 5 tourneys and determines if a site is large enough.

I am sure Fairview would host it if they could.

 

Does the KHSAA get a percentage of the gate?

  • Author
Where does the KHSAA get those attendance numbers?

 

I would say from the host school.

They have to turn in a paid attendance number nightly I believe.

I would say from the host school.

They have to turn in a paid attendance number nightly I believe.

 

 

You don't think there's any chance of those numbers being skewed a little to make sure that the games are played at Boyd or Ashland do you? ;)

I have a question for you 64th district sages. Who then determines where it will be if Fairview isn't large enough. That Rex fellow? Lord have mercy!

 

Only in America, baby!

The host school can play the tournament wherever they want as long as the gym size meets KHSAA requirements. Therefor Fairview gets to decide where the 64th district tournament is held this year. King Rex gets to choose.

The host school can play the tournament wherever they want as long as the gym size meets KHSAA requirements. Therefor Fairview gets to decide where the 64th district tournament is held this year. King Rex gets to choose.

 

 

What are the requirements, and the game would still have to played within the district wouldn't it? I mean Rex couldn't chose to play the game at Raceland or Russell could he?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.