New Coach at St. Xavier...

One would think that Alan "Mitch" D. has done his homework on this and has a few candidates lined up for further review. I would be surprised that it is a national search. In all reality, Basketball is a small portion of a piece of the pie. Academics are the vast majority of what is emphasized and where the money is spent. Yes, I know the project X was some $28MM yet it was via private donations. I would be surprised if it goes outside Jefferson Co.. Just don't see X making the commitment to do a national search, relocation package and bring in a new coach ( and staff) for basketball. We are talking about $200K+ for all of that..... It would be exciting if such an event occured, yet Im not counting on it happening. Better get someone who can fill those seats in the new arena.... IMHO, people tied to the St. X program of the past will not be able to promote and push the program forward with the success that is needed. Too much politics... Lord only knows what talent has gone through St. X in the past 20 + years only to not be of the chosen...

There is bound to be one of the Just brothers out there looking for a coaching job. I don't think X will go national search because of the harsh criticism X folks gave T when they hired BB. Now, is that a mistake.....yes, but that would mean Tigers dining on crow, and I don't think that's a favorite dish. As an alum, I say get the best man out there!

There is bound to be one of the Just brothers out there looking for a coaching job. I don't think X will go national search because of the harsh criticism X folks gave T when they hired BB. Now, is that a mistake.....yes, but that would mean Tigers dining on crow, and I don't think that's a favorite dish. As an alum, I say get the best man out there!

There are a few from the Tiger den that already have a good helping of crow coming. We had to listen to all of that trash talk during football about "win at all cost" and "will Lampley get rid of Beatty if he doesn't win?" In my opinion they owe it to their students to get the best person for the job, regardless of where they find them.

There are a few from the Tiger den that already have a good helping of crow coming. We had to listen to all of that trash talk during football about "win at all cost" and "will Lampley get rid of Beatty if he doesn't win?" In my opinion they owe it to their students to get the best person for the job, regardless of where they find them.

Perry won't go national for a B-ball coach unless he also happens to be a Blue Ribbon Chemistry teacher or something. That's not a criticism, just an observation.

With the design engineering completed on the new arena, and the vote coming up to initiate construction, a LOT OF ATTENTION has been given to the overall basketball program. I am sure that a diligent search will be conducted to secure the best coach possible to move the program forward in its new environment. :cool:

Is that the same Just at Manual? Does he have ties to St. X?

Because he thinks its would be absolutely hilarious if X hired a female head varsity coach.

He has said it in both threads and maybe he should know she has beaten T freshman a time or two. We all know how arrogant Saxton is about his b-ball knowledge.

Thanks for stepping up and speaking for me guys but WOW are you misreading my intentions.

First I was trying to get a rise out of you, I did.

Second, it was only half in jest. I know Amy and in no way shape or form was this intended to be derogatory toward her. I think she could probably be successful.

The real intent (and I probably didn't communicate this) was that a young, attractive and capable woman coaching would be a welcome change of pace from what we now see at X and all other schools.

Tiger 2023 maybe someone should lighten up a bit.