Actor Heath Ledger found dead

letabrotherspeak

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That rumor was completely false. CNN just reported that it was false, it is believed she owns an apartment in the building but not that one!:thumb:

I actually read that on the NY Times website. But I guess in cases like this it may not be really clear on what happened, or much that is involved.

"Paul J. Browne, the Police Department’s deputy commissioner for public information, initially said that the apartment was owned by the actress Mary-Kate Olsen, but later reversed himself and said that was not the case."

With the news about Ledger, it keeps coming up about how hard it was doing the movie "The Dark Knight", and how he constantly never got any sleep. With having to play such a character as the "Joker" Could these movies have some fraction of a factor that played in his death? I know he has the majority of responsibility but that kind of stress is quite hard I'm sure. What are your thoughts?

Interesting that as soon as "overdose" was mentioned, people assumed an illegal drug addiction. It's being reported that there were both prescription sleeping pills, and non prescription sleeping pills found at the scene. Not exactly heroin.

Interesting that as soon as "overdose" was mentioned, people assumed an illegal drug addiction. It's being reported that there were both prescription sleeping pills, and non prescription sleeping pills found at the scene. Not exactly heroin.

That was not the first thought that came in your head? Maybe not the first thought but one of them?

That was not the first thought that came in your head? Maybe not the first thought but one of them?

Actually, no...suicide was the first thing that came to my head. Of course, one can be addicted to prescription medicines as well.

Ambien in a relatively safe sleeping pill if taken as prescribed.

Problem with all drugs, including prescription drug abuse is that sometimes people are so doped up, they forgot what they have taken, so they take a few more.....Or else they think it isnt working so they take a few more....

If you are taking any prescription sleeping pill with alcohol, you are just asking for trouble.

We may never know if his overdose was intentional or accidental. Very sad either way.

Secondly, this was a man who struggled with drug addictions. Yet....interestingly, not a huge troublemaker, nor an attention hog. Simply a man who struggled,and failed in his fight.

I hate to cut up people's quotes, but with this one you're on to something big that a lot of people don't really tune in to (or don't care to bother to consider).

This reminds me an awful lot of how Layne Staley of Alice In Chains died. Not that Ledger was a heroin junkie "par excellance" the way Layne was, but that a lot of people go down in very non-public ways, with nothing heard from them publicly (i.e. in the media) in several weeks, and in the comforts of their own home.

And for every one superstar that goes down this way, there are probably a thousand more average joes who bite the bullet in obscurity, and probably hundreds of thousands more who suffer daily with similar demons they can't find the strength to overcome.