Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Freshman All American Teams

Featured Replies

And for having Gordon as a Forward.

 

It's a 3-guard offense. Actually, that's how I was going to do my 1st team:

 

G- Rose

G- Gordan

G- Mayo

F- Beasley

F- Love

 

Doesn't really matter what you call them does it?

  • Replies 43
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Strike3 requested it, so let's see who you would have on your 1st and 2nd teams.

 

1st

PG- Rose

SG- Gordon

SF- Green

PF- Beasley

C- Love

 

2nd

PG- Flynn

SG- Mayo

SF- Singler

PF- Blair

C- Jordan

 

Patterson, Griffin, Hickson, Calathes, Koufus and a few others can easily play their way up as the season progresses...

 

This really is a great list. I might swap Mayo for Green, but that is easily debatable.

 

:thumb:

1st

Rose

Gordon

Patterson

Beasley

Love

 

2nd

Flynn

Mayo

Singler

Blair

Green

Strike3 requested it, so let's see who you would have on your 1st and 2nd teams.

 

1st

PG- Rose

SG- Gordon

SF- Green

PF- Beasley

C- Love

 

2nd

PG- Flynn

SG- Mayo

SF- Singler

PF- Blair

C- Jordan

 

Patterson, Griffin, Hickson, Calathes, Koufus and a few others can easily play their way up as the season progresses...

 

 

I have been very busy and have not got to watch as much college basketball as Id like to. But I have seen every player on the list except for Blair. Who does he play for?

 

Also, while I think your list is pretty accurate, on a given night if you gave the honorable mention team you have a good point guard I could even see them beating the 1st tema if they played a game. This is a very deep class!

  • Author
I have been very busy and have not got to watch as much college basketball as Id like to. But I have seen every player on the list except for Blair. Who does he play for?

 

Also, while I think your list is pretty accurate, on a given night if you gave the honorable mention team you have a good point guard I could even see them beating the 1st tema if they played a game. This is a very deep class!

 

Blair plays for Pitt. Check him out if you get a chance. The kid is an animal.

 

I agree about the depth of this class. A lot of seriously talented players at the top...

Blair plays for Pitt. Check him out if you get a chance. The kid is an animal.

 

I agree about the depth of this class. A lot of seriously talented players at the top...

 

Oh, gotcha. I did see him play against Duke. It completely slipped my mine. He is a beast. Any other year Patterson IMO would easily be a top 5 or 10 player. I can see him not being this year honestly, even though he has been so good.

Chris Warren at Ole Miss has scored in double figures every game this season, just another name to consider.

1st team...

 

PG - Rose

SG - Mayo

SF - Gordon

PF - Beasley

C - Love

 

2nd team...

 

PG - Michael Thompson ( Northwestern )

SG - Singler

SF - Koufos

PF - Patterson

C - Oglivy

 

Who goes into the draft, and how would you rank them then as far as picks? I know it may call for a new thread but, seeing the names I had to ask!

It's a 3-guard offense. Actually, that's how I was going to do my 1st team:

 

G- Rose

G- Gordan

G- Mayo

F- Beasley

F- Love

 

Doesn't really matter what you call them does it?

 

Thats the only way you could have a 1st team IMO. Mayo, Gordon,and Rose are all guards and all should be 1st team.

Who goes into the draft, and how would you rank them then as far as picks? I know it may call for a new thread but, seeing the names I had to ask!

 

I think Michael Beasley has to be #1. He's been my #1 choice since I saw him (and Oak Hill) play OJ Mayo & Bill Walker (North College Hill) in Cincinnati a few years ago. He is, without a doubt, the best high school basketball player I've ever seen. And a pretty good college one, too.

 

I think Beasley will go #1 from this class. Then Derrick Rose. Then probably DeAndre Jordan from Texas A&M, then the rest of the guards (Gordon, Mayo, etc.)

Off my two teams, I could see Flynn, Blair and maybe Singler around for at least one more year. I think the other 7 are one and done...

 

I don't think Love is 1 and done. Not that he doesn't have the basketball skills, just I think he might be a tad small for his NBA position and doesn't quite have the athleticism as the rest of those guys.

I think Michael Beasley has to be #1. He's been my #1 choice since I saw him (and Oak Hill) play OJ Mayo & Bill Walker (North College Hill) in Cincinnati a few years ago. He is, without a doubt, the best high school basketball player I've ever seen. And a pretty good college one, too.

 

I think Beasley will go #1 from this class. Then Derrick Rose. Then probably DeAndre Jordan from Texas A&M, then the rest of the guards (Gordon, Mayo, etc.)

 

I think Gordon might go before Mayo because of his scoring ability. It depends on the team. All of these freshmen are incredible for the most part.

I don't think Love is 1 and done. Not that he doesn't have the basketball skills, just I think he might be a tad small for his NBA position and doesn't quite have the athleticism as the rest of those guys.

 

He can also be a tough match-up. He's 6'9", 260, and can post up anyone his size or smaller. You put someone bigger or slower on him and he steps out and hits a 20 foot jumper. He's a lottery pick if he wants to go this year.

He can also be a tough match-up. He's 6'9", 260, and can post up anyone his size or smaller. You put someone bigger or slower on him and he steps out and hits a 20 foot jumper. He's a lottery pick if he wants to go this year.

 

And what happens when you put someone on him that is his size or maybe an inch bigger and a step quicker?

Gordan

Rose

Beasly

Patterson

Love

 

Flynn

Mayo

Singler

Oglivy

D. Jordan

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.