EKU Coach Danny Hope to Purdue?

Qb7footballfan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at their 2007 Media Guide, they actually have 22 players from KY and 23 players from FL. I know when Roy Kidd was in his hey day, they recruited mostly from Florida and some Ohio, Pennsylvania and Georgia.

In his heyday, Kidd got a lot of recruits that the big schools didn't want but who were great athletes. That has dried up some with the Central Florida's and company keeping more of them at home.

I recall Suptkamp was from Bellvue, Bird from Corbin, Parks & Yeast from Harrodsburg and a lot of others from KY mixed in.

Looking at their 2007 Media Guide, they actually have 22 players from KY and 23 players from FL. I know when Roy Kidd was in his hey day, they recruited mostly from Florida and some Ohio, Pennsylvania and Georgia.

Many programs that used to recruit Florida heavily back in the 1970s (EKY, tOSU, Notre Dame, Michigan, etc.) have run into some problems: Florida (3-time national champs), Florida State (2-time national champs), Central Florida (C-USA champs), Miami, ("Da U" was down this year, but it has 4 consensus championships and 1 more that was split) and Florida Atlantic (Howard Schnellenberger's current stop, and probably had the best bowl performance of any Florida school this year :lol:).

And that's just the "Football Bowl Subdivision" or whatever the NCAA is calling it this week. :lol:

In his heyday, Kidd got a lot of recruits that the big schools didn't want but who were great athletes. That has dried up some with the Central Florida's and company keeping more of them at home.

I recall Suptkamp was from Bellvue, Bird from Corbin, Parks & Yeast from Harrodsburg and a lot of others from KY mixed in.

I think that Steve Bird may throw his name into the hat for this job...........he is currently an asst. at Bowling Green Univ. Everywhere he has ever played at or coached at always seems to win. He won a state championship and had a runner-up finish in high school, two 1-AA titles and two runner-ups while at EKU. He coached at Tulane when they had their best ever season before going To West Virginia and is now at Bowling Green, who I believe won the MAC this year.

I think that Steve Bird may throw his name into the hat for this job...........he is currently an asst. at Bowling Green Univ. Everywhere he has ever played at or coached at always seems to win. He won a state championship and had a runner-up finish in high school, two 1-AA titles and two runner-ups while at EKU. He coached at Tulane when they had their best ever season before going To West Virginia and is now at Bowling Green, who I believe won the MAC this year.

Steve Bird is a great guy and football mind. He was an All American at EKU and played I think 9 seasons in the NFL.

I hope that EKU will bring an alum back home and I think that would be a great hire.

I know the kid from Pendleton Co. that is being recruited hard by both EKU and Georgetown. I believe Coach Hope is the only one leaving EKU, what names are being mentioned leaving Georgetown?

I talked to Kyle yesterday, he has talked to the coaches at EKU, they told him Coach Hope was the only one leaving. They told him they may name an interim Head Coach first.

Last time around the Georgetown, KY staff was rumored to be the runner up to Hope at EKU so there could be a domino effect if Hope leaves.

Many people around EKU (and Richmond) wanted Cronin to get the job last time it opened due to his ties to Madison Central and his success at Georgetown. I know of at least one of his sons who attends EKU.

What position will Chaz play at the college level?

Chaz is a big, aggressive kid who can play a variety of positions. I would suspect he wouldn't be a QB at the collegiate level, even though he does have a cannon of an arm. He could possibly play FB, TE, LB, DE, and be a special teams contibutor.