EKU Coach Danny Hope to Purdue?

Qb7footballfan

Where does EKU recruit? Don't here of alot of recruiting at Highlands. Maybe they are, and I appologize, but I just don't hear alot of parents or players talking about Eastern.:confused:

They start out sending mail and talk a lot of nonsense to Kentucky kids then end up going down south. Every now and then they will sign 2 or 3 from KY.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a possible replacement, how about Larry Kirksey? Larry played and graduated from EKU and is currently with the Houston Texans. His resume includes being an assistant at Kentucky, Florida, Alabama (National Championship), San Francisco (World Championship), Jacksonville, Kentucky State (Head Coach), and Middle Tennessee State.

Larry has coached Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice among others. Pretty good resume, huh?

They start out sending mail and talk a lot of nonsense to Kentucky kids then end up going down south. Every now and then they will sign 2 or 3 from KY.

Pretty astute observation IMO based on prior experience. Not the way it used to be when I was in college and they were winning championships either:D

Is there any chance they promote a coach within? Coach Clark maybe.
Coach Clark is a good coach but he doesn't have enough experience. I have heard that they are going to hire Don Landholm, which is a great hire if this is true. Coach Landholm is currently the defensive coordinator for the Colonels. He has it all, dedication, loyalty, football smarts, respect from the kids, I could go on. I wish him the best on whatever comes of this.

I think that Steve Bird may throw his name into the hat for this job...........he is currently an asst. at Bowling Green Univ. Everywhere he has ever played at or coached at always seems to win. He won a state championship and had a runner-up finish in high school, two 1-AA titles and two runner-ups while at EKU. He coached at Tulane when they had their best ever season before going To West Virginia and is now at Bowling Green, who I believe won the MAC this year.

Steve was coaching at EKU 2 seasons ago when did he leave for Bowling Green?

I hope they go outside the program with the next hire...they need some new blood to revive the program and actually get the community (and state) interested again.

I'd also like to see the new staff recruit KY much harder, and not see kids in their own backyard go on to star at WKU....

Coach Clark is a good coach but he doesn't have enough experience. I have heard that they are going to hire Don Landholm, which is a great hire if this is true. Coach Landholm is currently the defensive coordinator for the Colonels. He has it all, dedication, loyalty, football smarts, respect from the kids, I could go on. I wish him the best on whatever comes of this.

Good pick also.

I hope they go outside the program with the next hire...they need some new blood to revive the program and actually get the community (and state) interested again.

I'd also like to see the new staff recruit KY much harder, and not see kids in their own backyard go on to star at WKU....

Revive the program? They haven't had a losing season in 30 years. This past season they went 9-3 the best season they had since 97.