January 10, 200818 yr If the Reds sign him and he wins 10-12 games then he will finish as thier #2 starter. No other Red will win more than 12 games except Harang. Please call Wayne Krivsky so he can go ahead and trade Bronson Arroyo. He obviously doesn't have this valuable information that you have enlightened us with.
January 11, 200818 yr If he can get us 9-14 wins, then go for it. I don't know if he can do that though. He isn't bad or anything. He's 60-60 in his 7 year career. He went 11-9 in 2006 with the Rockies. He has had over 100 K's just once in his career, and that was in 2002..
January 11, 200818 yr Not worth it. See what the young guys can do. The Reds have enough to contend right now.
January 11, 200818 yr Not worth it. See what the young guys can do. The Reds have enough to contend right now.Are you referring to the current Pitching staff, when you say contend?
January 11, 200818 yr Are you referring to the current Pitching staff, when you say contend? That youth had better be stellar for them to contend.
January 11, 200818 yr You guys need to remember that the NL Central is the worst division in baseball. The problem area last season was the bullpen, and that has been upgraded. The Reds have one of the better 7,8,9 combos in the NL and one of the best Lineups. All they need are decent outings from the starters to contend. I'm confident that Harang, Arroyo and Besile can give decent outings everytime out and the other two will have their ups and downs but would still be solid 4 and 5 pitchers
January 11, 200818 yr Might need him if we wanna compete instead of shoot for .500. Especially with Bailey and Volquez having 2 MLB pitches each.
January 11, 200818 yr You guys need to remember that the NL Central is the worst division in baseball. The problem area last season was the bullpen, and that has been upgraded. The Reds have one of the better 7,8,9 combos in the NL and one of the best Lineups. All they need are decent outings from the starters to contend. I'm confident that Harang, Arroyo and Besile can give decent outings everytime out and the other two will have their ups and downs but would still be solid 4 and 5 pitchers So the Reds should go into the season with 3 proven starting pitchers? No way they don't sign another proven stater. If Fogg wants to sign a 1-2 year contract, then I say do it. But if not Fogg, it will be someone else.
January 11, 200818 yr So the Reds should go into the season with 3 proven starting pitchers? No way they don't sign another proven stater. If Fogg wants to sign a 1-2 year contract, then I say do it. But if not Fogg, it will be someone else. We'll have to agree to disagree. I doubt they'll sign any of the Free Agents. It wouldn't be worth what pitchers are demanding now.
January 11, 200818 yr We'll have to agree to disagree. I doubt they'll sign any of the Free Agents. It wouldn't be worth what pitchers are demanding now. I do see what your saying, but if a Team is going into spring training with plans on winning a division, they probably arent thinking two unproven guys will help them get there. One maybe, but not two. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Homer and Volquez come into their own this year, and maybe even Cueto. But I think it would be dangerous to assume at this point.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.