Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Could Marvin resign today????

Featured Replies

But what SHOULD BE IN CHARACTER FOR HIM as a leader of the team. This, to me, is on the lines of what Boomer would do. Maybe the greatest team leader this franchise has ever had.

 

I like seeing that Carson DOES NOT want to return next season with things as is and to continue with mediocre. I LIKE him standing up and saying it. And he did it in a low key, respectful manner.

 

He didn't stand on the sidelines yelling at the coaches and embarrassing them.

He didn't throw specific coaches under the bus but rather answered the question and Marvin implied that he know what Carson was talking about.

 

 

I don't think it's a good move to question your coaches publicly. It just creates tension. That kind of stuff should be kept in house.

 

Tiki Barber questioned his coaches and everyone hated him for it...

11th in scoring in the NFL.

 

And how many times did we see this team drive the ball, and only end up with just 3 points or no points? I mean Carson had a career year in yards, so did Chad Johnson, and TJ tied for the most receptions in the NFL. Yet we seen our offense put up less than 20 points alot more than we should have for the stats we were putting up....

And how many times did we see this team drive the ball, and only end up with just 3 points or no points? I mean Carson had a career year in yards, so did Chad Johnson, and TJ tied for the most receptions in the NFL. Yet we seen our offense put up less than 20 points alot more than we should have for the stats we were putting up....

 

I believe their avg was 23+ per game. I'd look for answers on the other side of the ball first.

I believe their avg was 23+ per game. I'd look for answers on the other side of the ball first.

 

Our defense played good enough for us to win, in about 3, 4 or maybe even 5 of our losses this year. The strength of our team is suppose to be our offense, and our offense let us down when our defense played good enough for us to win games...Yeah no question our defense needs help but this offense does to, because it has started to become very stale. I remember hearing Chad Johnson also say before the season, that we have still continued to run the same offense as we did in 2005, and teams have now caught up with us on what we do, yet we have not made any adjustments. I know just by looking at the games this year, it looked like he was exactly right, because we kept trying to do the same things as we did in 2005, and teams have now caught up with us. This offense has way to much talent to struggle like we did alot of times this year. If the offense played to the level of talent we had this year, then we might be in the playoffs right now...

I'm hearing Chuck has been fired...

I'm hearing Chuck has been fired...

 

Should have been fired two years ago, BUT if that's the case it's LONG overdue. Can't put all the blame on him with injuries and some of these players not just belonging in the NFL. BUT his job is to "cooordinate" the defense and he isn't doing that very well.

 

Yes, I have seen Boomerang too many times. lol

Well if Marvin is still here. Then atleast we need to get a new defensive coordinator and a new offensive coordinator. I mean not many people have said much about Bob Bratkowski, and he did a good job here for awhile. However it is time for a change on that side of the ball. We need a new coach with some new ideas for this offense, because this offense has to much talent to have struggled so much to score points this year like we did...

 

These coordinators are both a joke IMO!! The offensive play calling, particularly in the red zone, is laughably predictable; and if I can figure what's coming, how about a quality DC?? And the defense--Come to think of it, have the Bengals EVER had a dominating defense?? Certainly not in the last 20+ years??

How can people say the DC & OC are terrible but say nothing about the head coach. Marvin has molded this team into what it is. The Bengals have been bad to mediocre ever since he has arrived. They need to go after a good offensive minded coach & oc to maximize their strengths with Carson, Chad, TJ, etc. They then need to hire a good dc to take over the defense & do what he can with that pitiful unit.

 

I may also look into trading Chad Johnson if they can get multiple picks (2 1st rounders or a 1st & 2nd) before he get frustrated & his value drops (i.e. Randy Moss being traded for a 4th rounder)

How can people say the DC & OC are terrible but say nothing about the head coach.

 

We've all come to terms with the fact Marvin isn't going anywhere.

We've all come to terms with the fact Marvin isn't going anywhere.

 

Maybe not this season but he can't win in Cincy & eventually he'll be fired or resign.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.