Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UNLV 81 Minnesota 64

Featured Replies

Northwestern is 5-4. Their biggest win came against 6-6 Arkansas State. Virginia beat them by 42 points.

 

Michigan is 4-8. Their biggest win came against 6-5 Brown. They lost Harvard. Harvard is 4-11!!!.

 

Penn State is 7-4 and the best of the three. They did beat Seton Hall. who is 8-3, by 3. They beat St. Francis, who is 3-9, by 10.

 

Minnesota can sweep all of those teams, but Penn State may get them once. So that's 5 Big 10 wins right there, and if they were to play one of them in the conference tournament, there would be their conference win...

 

So what you're saying is that bball is in the same shape as the football in the Big-10?:D

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you're reaching to think that Minnesota will sweep all 6 games from NW, PSU and Michigan. More likely they'll got 4-2 or so, there's no way this team gets to 20 wins in the regular season and given the lack of quality teams that they've defeated so far it will take at least 20 wins plus a Big 10 Tourney win to get them in the NCAAs.

 

I agree, I don't think that they will get to 20 wins either but one ever knows. I feel that around 17-18 wins would be a pretty good guess right now and an NIT bid. From where Minnesota has been the last few years that is a very sucsessful season.

OTS will have them in the big dance and you can count on that, just maybe not this season but they will be there sooner rather than later.

Northwestern is 5-4. Their biggest win came against 6-6 Arkansas State. Virginia beat them by 42 points.

 

Michigan is 4-8. Their biggest win came against 6-5 Brown. They lost Harvard. Harvard is 4-11!!!.

 

Penn State is 7-4 and the best of the three. They did beat Seton Hall. who is 8-3, by 3. They beat St. Francis, who is 3-9, by 10.

 

Minnesota can sweep all of those teams, but Penn State may get them once. So that's 5 Big 10 wins right there, and if they were to play one of them in the conference tournament, there would be their conference win...

 

You're simply putting too much stock in a hollow record against bad opponents. The combined record of the teams that Minnesota has defeated is 55-73, with the best record being Iowa State at 8-5. The Cyclones will not finish with a winning record once conference play begins. To a selection committee none of these wins will mean anything. It will take probably 11 or 12 wins in the Big 10 regular season and tourney to get there and that just isn't going to happen. I'll be willing to make an Avatar bet on Minnesota making the NCAA.

I agree, I don't think that they will get to 20 wins either but one ever knows. I feel that around 17-18 wins would be a pretty good guess right now and an NIT bid. From where Minnesota has been the last few years that is a very sucsessful season.

OTS will have them in the big dance and you can count on that, just maybe not this season but they will be there sooner rather than later.

 

I think it is a huge step from last season and I think Tubby will do fine at UM but there's no way they're going to the NCAAs this season.

I think the important thing to carry away from Tubby's season at the U so far is that the Goofers have already matched their win total from ALL of last season. Minnesota ain't exactly the easiest place to put together a basketball team, so this year's sort of a wash as far as judging the complete progress of Smith's coaching.

I think it is a huge step from last season and I think Tubby will do fine at UM but there's no way they're going to the NCAAs this season.

 

I don't think so either, not this season and maybe not next but imo they will be there within a very few years. I really think that they "may" make it next season.. That is what I was saying in my earlier post. :thumb:

So what you're saying is that bball is in the same shape as the football in the Big-10?:D

 

They play football in the Big 10?

 

 

:banana:

I saw this one coming. Another tough game coming up with Michigan State.

You're simply putting too much stock in a hollow record against bad opponents. The combined record of the teams that Minnesota has defeated is 55-73, with the best record being Iowa State at 8-5. The Cyclones will not finish with a winning record once conference play begins. To a selection committee none of these wins will mean anything. It will take probably 11 or 12 wins in the Big 10 regular season and tourney to get there and that just isn't going to happen. I'll be willing to make an Avatar bet on Minnesota making the NCAA.

 

So what about it Buzzer Beater, you ready to make an avatar bet? You seemed pretty sure earlier that Minnesota would make the NCAAs.

So what about it Buzzer Beater, you ready to make an avatar bet? You seemed pretty sure earlier that Minnesota would make the NCAAs.

 

Guess he wasn't that confident.

Just for the record and can't believe I am the first to say this......

 

But Tubby is not winning with his own players. Can we see a repeat of 1998?

:lol::lol::lol::D:p;):sssh:

 

According to some contingent on here, Tubby can't get any credit for this UM success. It HAS to go to the previous coach, doesn't it?

Guess he wasn't that confident.

 

I am confident that they can.

I am confident that they can.

 

Would you be willing to make a 30 day avatar bet on it?

Would you be willing to make a 30 day avatar bet on it?

 

If you can make a 30 day avatar bet about Kentucky making the big dance. Come on man, you must be pretty confident too :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.