December 31, 200718 yr The Gophers have now played 2 pretty good teams so far and they are 0-2. 10-2 overall after this loss. Next up is a tough, tough road game at Michigan St on January 5th. Good luck to the Gophers as the conference season gets underway. :thumb:
December 31, 200718 yr Golden Gophers come crashing back to reality and Tubby will have the working hard leading up to the Big Ten.
December 31, 200718 yr Had to know it wouldn't last... The day that Tubby resigned (one of those days that will live in infamy throughout the Bluegrass(preps)), I vowed that Minnesota would be my 2nd favorite team from then on. I have not had as much time to watch their games but I do usually read the score threads. As Minnesota prepares to enter Big 11 play, I wish Tubby and the players tons of luck. I do not see a tournament run for them this year, but it will not be long. Will they ever be a legitimate final four contender? I don't think so... But I expect that in the not so distant future, they will be a team you can pencil in the tournament every year... Consider Indiana, Ohio State, Michigan State, and Illinois... Michigan, Purdue, and Minnesota on the up with new coaches... And all of a sudden the Big 10 is about to be a SERIOUSLY good conference.
December 31, 200718 yr UNLV isn't a team like Gardner-Webb or San Diego so let's not give up on Tubby just yet. UNLV is a pretty good team. They are 11-3. Arizona only beat them by 3. Minnesota can't win em all but that's alright. Tubby will be just fine and I see the Gophers winning around 20 ball games and going to the big dance. The man has already got them more wins in his first 12 games then they had all of last year. Keep it coming Tubby, you will be fine...
December 31, 200718 yr UNLV isn't a team like Gardner-Webb or San Diego so let's not give up on Tubby just yet. UNLV is a pretty good team. They are 11-3. Arizona only beat them by 3. Minnesota can't win em all but that's alright. Tubby will be just fine and I see the Gophers winning around 20 ball games and going to the big dance. The man has already got them more wins in his first 12 games then they had all of last year. Keep it coming Tubby, you will be fine... Can we "Mark This Down"? If so I'd like some of that action.
December 31, 200718 yr Can we "Mark This Down"? If so I'd like some of that action. They are already 10-2. I see them beating Northwestern and Penn State both maybe two times, Michigan at least once, and Iowa. They play 18 Big 10 games, and I see them going 8-10, or 9-9, which would put them at 18-11, or 19-10, and then their Big 10 tournament games, and they should have 20 wins or more and go to the big dance...
December 31, 200718 yr They are already 10-2. I see them beating Northwestern and Penn State both maybe two times, Michigan at least once, and Iowa. They play 18 Big 10 games, and I see them going 8-10, or 9-9, which would put them at 18-11, or 19-10, and then their Big 10 tournament games, and they should have 20 wins or more and go to the big dance... 18-11 or 19-10 won't get them in if their signature win is Michigan. You're only listing 6 Big 10 wins, where are the 8 or 9 going to come from?
December 31, 200718 yr 18-11 or 19-10 won't get them in if their signature win is Michigan. You're only listing 6 Big 10 wins, where are the 8 or 9 going to come from? Northwestern and Penn State twice ( 4 ) Michigan at least once, I'll say twice because they are pretty bad ( 6 ) Iowa ( 7 ) and I would say they will up set someone or beat someone that they are picked to get beat by.
December 31, 200718 yr I am not sure the Gophers will make the Big Dance. I see them winning 17 games and make a trip to the NIT. Which wont be bad job considering where this team has been.
December 31, 200718 yr I don't think that anyone expected a great record out of Minnesota this season. I know that I didn't, all I said was that they would suprise some people along the way and possibly make it to the N.I.T. (this season). Tubby may very well take take quite a few losses the rest of the way, no doubt but imo he will pull off a couple of wins / upsets along the way that no one expects. Should one of the better Big10 teams show up and look over them, Minnesota will hand it to them;). Minnesota basketball is in good hands. OH Wait!!!! Minnesota lost................FIRE TUBBY, FIRE TUBBY!!! 10 wins, 2 losses so far out of a program that only won 9 all of last season is unacceptable, FIRE TUBBY!!!
December 31, 200718 yr Northwestern and Penn State twice ( 4 ) Michigan at least once, I'll say twice because they are pretty bad ( 6 ) Iowa ( 7 ) and I would say they will up set someone or beat someone that they are picked to get beat by. I think you're reaching to think that Minnesota will sweep all 6 games from NW, PSU and Michigan. More likely they'll got 4-2 or so, there's no way this team gets to 20 wins in the regular season and given the lack of quality teams that they've defeated so far it will take at least 20 wins plus a Big 10 Tourney win to get them in the NCAAs.
December 31, 200718 yr I don't think that anyone expected a great record out of Minnesota this season. I know that I didn't, all I said was that they would suprise some people along the way and possibly make it to the N.I.T. (this season). Tubby may very well take take quite a few losses the rest of the way, no doubt but imo he will pull off a couple of wins / upsets along the way that no one expects. Should one of the better Big10 teams show up and look over them, Minnesota will hand it to them;). Minnesota basketball is in good hands. OH Wait!!!! Minnesota lost................FIRE TUBBY, FIRE TUBBY!!! 10 wins, 2 losses so far out of a program that only won 9 all of last season is unacceptable, FIRE TUBBY!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
December 31, 200718 yr I think you're reaching to think that Minnesota will sweep all 6 games from NW, PSU and Michigan. More likely they'll got 4-2 or so, there's no way this team gets to 20 wins in the regular season and given the lack of quality teams that they've defeated so far it will take at least 20 wins plus a Big 10 Tourney win to get them in the NCAAs. Northwestern is 5-4. Their biggest win came against 6-6 Arkansas State. Virginia beat them by 42 points. Michigan is 4-8. Their biggest win came against 6-5 Brown. They lost Harvard. Harvard is 4-11!!!. Penn State is 7-4 and the best of the three. They did beat Seton Hall. who is 8-3, by 3. They beat St. Francis, who is 3-9, by 10. Minnesota can sweep all of those teams, but Penn State may get them once. So that's 5 Big 10 wins right there, and if they were to play one of them in the conference tournament, there would be their conference win...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.