Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County 96 North Oldham 70

Featured Replies

Congrats to Elliott County.

 

The officiating was fine. It was good for Elliott Co that they were not calling the hack or there would have been more than Timmy Knipp sitting on the bench in the first half.

 

Hope to see Elliott Co match up with Mason Co. in the semis, but if Mays don't wake up and rest these guys when they're up 30 points they won't have the legs to play.

 

Good luck EC.

 

How many coaches in the state have more years of experience coaching a team than Rick Mays? Why are so many people questioning how he handles his team that he obviously should know better than any of the web jockeys on the net. Just keep questioning though because it won't bother Coach Mays. I am sure his hide is as thick as a rhino's from coaching all those years in a basketball crazed environment like Sandy Hook, KY.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many coaches in the state have more years of experience coaching a team than Rick Mays? Why are so many people questioning how he handles his team that he obviously should know better than any of the web jockeys on the net. Just keep questioning though because it won't bother Coach Mays. I am sure his hide is as thick as a rhino's from coaching all those years in a basketball crazed environment like Sandy Hook' date=' KY.[/quote']

 

Some of the web jockeys on the net have many years of experience in watching "Coach" Mays. I wonder what his career record is in all of those years?

Ferguson played a very good game as did the Elliott team. The officating was the worst that I've ever seen(and I've watched a lot and I mean a lot of games in my life). This would have been a 40+ game with fair (or even decent) officials. It's sad that anyone officiates like the two younger officials did tonight. I wish they could be penalized if the uppers in the asssociation watched a recorded version of this game. I have nothing positive to say about those two, so I will not speak any further on them. Good luck to North Oldham going forward. And thank you to Elliott for another great effort. We appreciate you guys and all the hard work.

Get used to it, these are 11th region officials and they let the play be very physical. I disagree with you that it was a poorly officiated game. It was just typical as to the way games are called in the 11th. I believe that wherever you go you must simply adjust to the way games are called.

I think Elliott's players adjusted well. Physical play certainly wasn't the problem. That plays into Elliott's hands and they dealt with it. The problem from two of the officials was simply consistency in their calls. The third official did a good job allowing the kids to play the same way on both ends of the floor. I think in the long run of the tournament, if Bluegrass officials allow physical play by both teams, Elliott could be better off.

I think Elliott's players adjusted well. Physical play certainly wasn't the problem. That plays into Elliott's hands and they dealt with it. The problem from two of the officials was simply consistency in their calls. The third official did a good job allowing the kids to play the same way on both ends of the floor. I think in the long run of the tournament, if Bluegrass officials allow physical play by both teams, Elliott could be better off.
I agree with you. They will not have a problem.

It doesn't matter where the officials are from or who they are playing this team is for real and could do some real damage come march. I'm just really excited to see them play Mason Co. that should give us a real good idea of how good Elliott really is.

It doesn't matter where the officials are from or who they are playing this team is for real and could do some real damage come march. I'm just really excited to see them play Mason Co. that should give us a real good idea of how good Elliott really is.

 

When does Elliot play Mason?

When does Elliot play Mason?

 

2/12/08 @ Mason County

 

...if not sooner.

Some of the web jockeys on the net have many years of experience in watching "Coach" Mays. I wonder what his career record is in all of those years?

 

I would say that his record reflects the talent that he has had in the past and in the present at Elliott Co.

Just a guess, mind you, that the colonel fan is trying to see whether or not anyone out in BGP Land is overlooking CCHS in their game against Elliott. :D

 

Not this sage observer; although Elliott will probably be favored. Should be an interesting game of contrasting styles, although CCHS may run just a little more than a lot of NKY teams.

Just a guess, mind you, that the colonel fan is trying to see whether or not anyone out in BGP Land is overlooking CCHS in their game against Elliott. :D

 

Not this sage observer; although Elliott will probably be favored. Should be an interesting game of contrasting styles, although CCHS may run just a little more than a lot of NKY teams.

 

I don't see how anyone could overlook them - they are ranked #4 in the state, while Elliott is #8. Elliott will be the underdog.

I don't see how anyone could overlook them - they are ranked #4 in the state, while Elliott is #8. Elliott will be the underdog.

 

According to what ranking? I have tried to find an AP poll, but can't. And those do not match w/ the BGP rankings on the front page.

According to what ranking? I have tried to find an AP poll, but can't. And those do not match w/ the BGP rankings on the front page.

 

I saw that on another website. I'm not sure if its a good site or not.

Cov Cath is a really good team, but no way they are top 5. Elliott puts together a few wins this week and I could see them cracking the top 10.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.