UL Recruit Evans Driver in Shooting Death

Cdirty107

A witness identified Jamar Evans as the gunman who fired the fatal shot from the front passenger seat of a Ford Expedition driven by American Christian basketball star Tyreke Evans, a three-time All-Delco, according to the affidavit of probable cause written by County Detective Michael Palmer and Chester Township Officer Robert Faline.

Tyreke Evans, widely considered one of the top high school basketball players in the country, has not been charged in connection with Reason’s murder and is cooperating with authorities, according to Police Chief Booker Wilson.

Rest of Story

While it sounds like Evans won't be charged, I would assume his recruitment will take a hit. I also find it hard to believe that Evans' picked these guys up and had no idea that they were planning something. I've heard Tyreke has some baggage, but if he's running around with gang members it's much worse than I thought.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think Tyreke Evans has verballed to UL and actually may be cooling on them...been a while since I have heard any info on the id, but that is what I hear last.

I think the header is very misleading.

Are they not recruiting him? UL is in his final 3, and while they have backed off a little, he is still a recruit they are looking at.

A lot of these kids grow up in environments that are very foreign to most of us........so I wouldn't jump to conclusions on this kid.

I dont think that this should matter that much because this is still wrong no matter where the kid is from. I dont think judges care where you live. If you break the law then you go to jail. Just because this kid may have grown up in the wrong part of town he should still know right from wrong.

I would severe ties with this kid IMMEDIATELY....if Pitino doesn't his true colors will be shown once and for all.

Couldn't agree more RockPride.

Although the kid hasn't been charged with anything yet, anything associated with murder should throw up a lot of red flags. I don't know if the person that did the shooting has been in any trouble before (I assume he has) but Evans should have known better to even hang around with the guy.

I was originally going to go into a Pitino/suspension joke with this one but honestly, this is some serious stuff.