December 24, 200718 yr BEING with kids that could have done this should be enough to scare you away from a recruit like this. Like was said earlier, If someone stuck a gun out of the window or pulled it out of their coat pocket, you have to know something is up. YOU have the power to stop the vehicle. At the very least, you had to know that they were not choir members when you picked them up!!!
December 24, 200718 yr Your right....They cant control the kids they have on campus.... At least we can control our coaches. In all seriousness, I agree with Rockpride, he should be off the list right now.
December 24, 200718 yr At least we can control our coaches. Thank you for overlooking my actual DUI charge. Signed, Keith Willard As much as many want to get into rumor and gossip about BCG, Steve Masiello is right there with him.
December 24, 200718 yr At least we can control our coaches. In all seriousness, I agree with Rockpride, he should be off the list right now. The rumors of partying a little too much in Lexington and being the driver in a drive by shooting that resulted in the death of a man are two completely different topics. Not even close.
December 25, 200718 yr The rumors of partying a little too much in Lexington and being the driver in a drive by shooting that resulted in the death of a man are two completely different topics. Not even close.The response is to the accusation that UofL doesn't control their players on campus i.e. D.C. obeying curfew. But, by all means, make it mean something different for your own peace of mind.
December 25, 200718 yr The response is to the accusation that UofL doesn't control their players on campus i.e. D.C. obeying curfew. But, by all means, make it mean something different for your own peace of mind. Still don't see what that has to do with UK? Maybe to satisfy your peace of mind???? BTW, IMO this kid and UL should be mentioned together one more time, and the header should be “UL drops recruiting efforts of Thug“...
December 25, 200718 yr I would severe ties with this kid IMMEDIATELY....if Pitino doesn't his true colors will be shown once and for all. I am by no means a UL fan, but its just 1 of those situations that sounds awful, but we honestly don't know about the situation. I believe we should wait a little bit before throwing the kid under the bus. IMO these are some pretty serious accusations. On the flip side I have heard a lot negative comments about him as a basketball player. He is the type of kid who, while very skilled does not play hard more than half the time and has a really bad attitude. Thats completely opposite from Samardo Samuels. UL got a good 1 with him.
December 25, 200718 yr I am by no means a UL fan, but its just 1 of those situations that sounds awful, but we honestly don't know about the situation. I believe we should wait a little bit before throwing the kid under the bus. IMO these are some pretty serious accusations. On the flip side I have heard a lot negative comments about him as a basketball player. He is the type of kid who, while very skilled does not play hard more than half the time and has a really bad attitude. Thats completely opposite from Samardo Samuels. UL got a good 1 with him. Good kids don't find themselves in situations like that...
December 25, 200718 yr The response is to the accusation that UofL doesn't control their players on campus i.e. D.C. obeying curfew. But, by all means, make it mean something different for your own peace of mind. Yes, but you're response was that UL can contro their coaches. However, the actions of Williard, Masiello and McCarty would suggest otherwise. Wouldn't you think?
December 25, 200718 yr The response is to the accusation that UofL doesn't control their players on campus i.e. D.C. obeying curfew. But, by all means, make it mean something different for your own peace of mind. What has Billy G. been charged with since he's been in Lexington ? You make a statement about controlling our coaches based on nothing but pure rumors. I haven't read any articles, seen anything on the news or seen any pictures that suggest that Coach G has done anything that needs to be "controlled" since he's been at UK. Yes I've heard things about the man just like everyone else, but with everyone and their brother owning a digital camera or at least a cell phone that has a camera on it, I find it very hard to believe that some pictures haven't surfaced yet. But, by all means, believe whatever you want about the man for your own piece of mind. I'll reserve my judgment about him until something concrete surfaces.
December 25, 200718 yr AND you have a newspaper in Lexington that would LOVE to be able to bring down the Basketball Program again. I think a lot of people let their imaginations run wild with BCG. Seeing him at Wendy's ordering a burger becomes seeing him at the strip club, drunk enough to not know his own name with 6 barely legal females around him. I have to agree with MBWC41 on this. If the stuff he was doing was even halfway true, someone would be providing some kind of evidence. It all comes from a couple of stories from his past and everyone all of a sudden has a new story to tell. IF the stories were true, I don't know when the guy has any time to coach!
December 25, 200718 yr No need to defend BCG... RRR goal was to distract from the situation at hand, and that is UL always seems to end up on the radar of troubled recruits, time and time again...
December 26, 200718 yr No need to defend BCG... RRR goal was to distract from the situation at hand, and that is UL always seems to end up on the radar of troubled recruits, time and time again...The goal was to say your house is not clean enough to judge others. Don't your backup QB's beat women, I can go on but it isn't the point. The point is don't try to paint UofL with the dirty brush as if they are any different than anyone else. UofL bears no fault for recruiting him before this incident, should they continue after words the story would be different.
December 26, 200718 yr The goal was to say your house is not clean enough to judge others. Don't your backup QB's beat women, I can go on but it isn't the point. The point is don't try to paint UofL with the dirty brush as if they are any different than anyone else. UofL bears no fault for recruiting him before this incident, should they continue after words the story would be different. No the point is the “thread title", and the “thread title” says nothing about UK so why bring them into it unless your goal is to distract from the real point... I don't know why that’s so hard for some to grasp...:confused:...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.