December 25, 200718 yr Yes they still should have beat Gardner Webb I not going to argue that..However I just would like to know what makes you so sure that Minnesota would win no matter what time of the year it is (and if UK is fully healthy). I mean Minnesota does not have much talent on that team at all, their talent on that team is alot less than UK. They have not really played anyone at all this year with much talent except for FSU, and they lost that game. Also remember you are talking to a Tubby Smith fan here actually. I am not one of the guys like some on here who hate Tubby and think he is a terrible coach. I know he is a great coach, however I really would like to know what makes you so sure about Minnesota winning, especially if UK is full healthy. Minnesota would have no answer for Patterson, and if Jasper and Meeks are playing, then Minnesota definitely wouldn't matchup at guards either. Honestley they probably dont matchup at guards right now anyways even with Meeks and Jasper out. That Minnesota team just does not have much talent on it all this year. They are winning games, because of a good coach they have. I mean I not saying they wouldn't beat UK, because especially right now I think there is a good chance they would. However if UK is fully healthy, then there is not much reason at all for someone to believe so sure about Minnesota winning, when they dont have much talent at all, and haven't proven they can beat a team with talent yet... The biggest reason as to why I think Minnesota would beat Kentucky would be coaching. Tubby would out coach Billy G all game long. Also Dan Coleman isn't a bad player at all, and well we know how UK does against solid players this season. They did beat Santa Clara who isn't bad, and their only loss is to a pretty good Florida State team...
December 25, 200718 yr Author This thread has gotten darn near 500 views and Minnesota still has quite a few games left this season. What a fun ride this is going to be. :lol:
December 25, 200718 yr Ramel Bradley,Rondo, Joe Crawford, Jodie Meeks, Fitch, Daniels, Morris, Hayes, Estill, Stone, Prince, Bogans, There's 11, I'm sure I can thing of more :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
December 26, 200718 yr The biggest reason as to why I think Minnesota would beat Kentucky would be coaching. Tubby would out coach Billy G all game long. Also Dan Coleman isn't a bad player at all, and well we know how UK does against solid players this season. They did beat Santa Clara who isn't bad, and their only loss is to a pretty good Florida State team... Yeah and he might out coach him all game long. But you really need to look at the whole picture. I think your letting how the two teams are performing right now, cloud your judgement. I mean I even admitted if the two teams played right now that Minnesota might just win. However you seriously need to look at what I am saying. If UK is completely healthy which hopefully they are when it comes to March, then this team is a 10 times better team than the team we are seeing now. A team with Meeks and Jasper on it, and not having Porter and Harris, and even less time for Coury, would be alot better of a team. Yeah Tubby is a great coach and I LOVE Tubby everyone knows that. However I mean if you really look at it, there is really no way, where you can justify why you think Minnesota would win by about 15 points even if UK is fully healthy... Also I want to know your definition of a good team. You say Santa Clara isn't a bad team, and also have said the Big 10 is a strong conference in football even this year. So I guess you must have a WAY DIFFERENT definition of what a good or strong team is, than most people..
December 26, 200718 yr Ok Wireman the bad recruiting stuff is a little old. Was he a GREAT recruiter no, I think we all agree on that. However you all act like he brought in terrible players ALL THE TIME. He really did only bring in 2 bad classes. That was the 03 and 05 classes. And tha that is what made this team bad the last two years, because those classes were on the same team together. Now that 05 class is still hurting us because we really only have one guy from that class, and he is not that good in Carter. However the other 3 classes on this years team is not that bad at all, and it is just injuries that is really hurting this team, and explains the record. Also Patterson is here pretty much because of Tubby, so that counts as a guy Tubby recruited. He pretty much had Patterson and Lucas coming here before he left, and Billy G. did a great job in making sure Patterson stilll came here instead of changing his mind. I know in sports people only always seem to remember more recent things, and that is why alot of you act like Tubby always brought in bad classes. But it really was only 2 bad classes, but they just came to close together. Which I do blame Tubby on that becuase he can't have two bad classes like that, while at UK. I mean every coach brings in a bad class every now and then, but it usually is spaced out pretty good when that happens. And well that is what led to the downfall of Tubby here more than anything IMO. The 03 and 05 classes killed him... Very good post fc. I absolutely agree. I think that the one big mistake that Tubby made at U.K. was not replacing a couple of assistants, (Rigot and Hansen). Both really dropped the ball on a couple of big time recruits. Even thoough these coaches did not follow up on thier recruiting this did fall under and it ultimately reflected on Tubby, was his program. There are some that were against Tubby from the day U.K. announced him as the Head coach. Those can and will say they weren't but as I said, some hated OTS from day one and it wouldn't had mattered what he did or did not do. End Of Story. As for the future there are still some that will be blaming OTS for any and every loss U.K. has for the next 10 years and maybe more:rolleyes: and this is a Minnesota thread so.................................Go Gophers and the best of luck to Tubby (and Saul) Smith!!! I sincerely hope and I do believe that Tubby will rebuild that program.
December 26, 200718 yr Yeah and he might out coach him all game long. But you really need to look at the whole picture. I think your letting how the two teams are performing right now, cloud your judgement. I mean I even admitted if the two teams played right now that Minnesota might just win. However you seriously need to look at what I am saying. If UK is completely healthy which hopefully they are when it comes to March, then this team is a 10 times better team than the team we are seeing now. A team with Meeks and Jasper on it, and not having Porter and Harris, and even less time for Coury, would be alot better of a team. Yeah Tubby is a great coach and I LOVE Tubby everyone knows that. Again, you have made some very good points. Also, as for Tubby outcoaching Billy G, I do not doubt that at all, imo Tubby Smith would outcoach just about anyone in the country with a very small number of exceptions. Would he beat most everyone in the country right now?..................No. Would he "outcoach just about anyone"....Yes. JMO
December 27, 200718 yr I beg to disagree. The only way these two teams play in March is if UK is healthy by then and if thats the case, UK would win by 15+Actually the only way these two teams play in March is if KY gets into the NIT and Minnesota has a melt down and winds up in the NIT. Tubby and the Gophers would win this match up this year. Hopefully BCG will turn things around soon.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.