Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Minnesota 68 Santa Clara 50

Featured Replies

same ole stuff in every single Minnesota thread...UK was wrong, Tubby best coach in nation, blah blah blah, gets really old...

 

All those good recruits?

 

In all seriousness, what would be your prediction BB if UK played Minnesota in the next game on a neutral court?

 

What does this have to do with Minnesota??

  • Replies 68
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It works both ways, as well. If Minny was not doing so great to start the year, Im sure the Tubby supporters wouldnt be starting these threads now, would they?

 

Probably not, because the TBers would be posting seconds after the games ended, saying, told you so, told you so.:D

same ole stuff in every single Minnesota thread...UK was wrong, Tubby best coach in nation, blah blah blah, gets really old...

 

If it is old, why do you keep coming back and reading it?

If it is old, why do you keep coming back and reading it?

 

Exactly :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

:thumb:I know they turn every Minnesota thread into a Kentucky one...

 

Check my posts before making a statement like that... I'm no Tubby fan or UK fan and barely ever say anything about them... I'm a Duke fan... just responding to somebody joking about Minny's schedule when UK's been losing to those caliber of teams and had already been mentioned in the thread.

What does this have to do with Minnesota??

 

It was a hypothetical game between UK and MINNESOTA. I would say it has a lot to do with Minnesota, wouldn't you?

If the two did play in March, I would take Minnesota by 10-15.

 

 

I beg to disagree. The only way these two teams play in March is if UK is healthy by then and if thats the case, UK would win by 15+

I beg to disagree. The only way these two teams play in March is if UK is healthy by then and if thats the case, UK would win by 15+

 

Well, it would also mean UK would have to make the NCAA tournament, which I don't see happening.

Former Capt of the Titanic is doing well on the S.S. Minnow

Well, it would also mean UK would have to make the NCAA tournament, which I don't see happening.

 

 

This was a hypothetical situation. If UK can get healthy, and thats a big if, they will have no problem making the tournament playing in the SEC.

Ok, that's 5 good players in 10 years. Who else? I'll throw in Tayshaun Prince and Keith Bogans for you, but surely there are more in 10 years.

 

Ok Wireman the bad recruiting stuff is a little old. Was he a GREAT recruiter no, I think we all agree on that. However you all act like he brought in terrible players ALL THE TIME. He really did only bring in 2 bad classes. That was the 03 and 05 classes. And tha that is what made this team bad the last two years, because those classes were on the same team together. Now that 05 class is still hurting us because we really only have one guy from that class, and he is not that good in Carter. However the other 3 classes on this years team is not that bad at all, and it is just injuries that is really hurting this team, and explains the record. Also Patterson is here pretty much because of Tubby, so that counts as a guy Tubby recruited. He pretty much had Patterson and Lucas coming here before he left, and Billy G. did a great job in making sure Patterson stilll came here instead of changing his mind. I know in sports people only always seem to remember more recent things, and that is why alot of you act like Tubby always brought in bad classes. But it really was only 2 bad classes, but they just came to close together. Which I do blame Tubby on that becuase he can't have two bad classes like that, while at UK. I mean every coach brings in a bad class every now and then, but it usually is spaced out pretty good when that happens. And well that is what led to the downfall of Tubby here more than anything IMO. The 03 and 05 classes killed him...

If the two did play in March, I would take Minnesota by 10-15.

 

I would definitely disagree there. Could Minnesota win definitely, however dont think it would be by that much especially in March. The only chance I see them beating UK by that much is if we played now, while we have all these injury problems. However I expect UK to be pretty healthy in March (atleast I hope so). So when healthy I think this UK team would beat Minnesota...

I would definitely disagree there. Could Minnesota win definitely, however dont think it would be by that much especially in March. The only chance I see them beating UK by that much is if we played now, while we have all these injury problems. However I expect UK to be pretty healthy in March (atleast I hope so). So when healthy I think this UK team would beat Minnesota...

 

Kentucky still should have handled Gardner-Webb..

 

That's your opinion, and I have mine. I don't think Kentucky would be Minnesota no matter what time of the year it is...

Congrats to Coach Smith - a class individual.

Kentucky still should have handled Gardner-Webb..

 

That's your opinion, and I have mine. I don't think Kentucky would be Minnesota no matter what time of the year it is...

 

Yes they still should have beat Gardner Webb I not going to argue that..However I just would like to know what makes you so sure that Minnesota would win no matter what time of the year it is (and if UK is fully healthy). I mean Minnesota does not have much talent on that team at all, their talent on that team is alot less than UK. They have not really played anyone at all this year with much talent except for FSU, and they lost that game. Also remember you are talking to a Tubby Smith fan here actually. I am not one of the guys like some on here who hate Tubby and think he is a terrible coach. I know he is a great coach, however I really would like to know what makes you so sure about Minnesota winning, especially if UK is full healthy. Minnesota would have no answer for Patterson, and if Jasper and Meeks are playing, then Minnesota definitely wouldn't matchup at guards either. Honestley they probably dont matchup at guards right now anyways even with Meeks and Jasper out. That Minnesota team just does not have much talent on it all this year. They are winning games, because of a good coach they have. I mean I not saying they wouldn't beat UK, because especially right now I think there is a good chance they would. However if UK is fully healthy, then there is not much reason at all for someone to believe so sure about Minnesota winning, when they dont have much talent at all, and haven't proven they can beat a team with talent yet...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.