The Rich get richer at UM

born2reign

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Michigan does not presently have spread personal. Why should they big ten is a power conference. It's gonna take a few years to get the right RB's and most importantly.. line man to run it.

I can only read your words on here, but in my mind you would be saying this in a very nervous voice :D

I have a few reasons. First not if he wants to pass the ball. Second they don't have the current RB set to do it and most importantly they don't have the lineman presently to run the spread effectively. Lastly, if he wants to run the spread for 3-4 years and try to play DB or WR in the NFL it might work.

I think it's going to take some time to get the proper kids in there to fully run the spread. Not to mention even if Pryor goes to UM I believe Mallett is the starter next year anyways.

Ohio State... tons of talent on board and more coming. More BCS games in the future = exposure...Boeckman on his way out... and Troy Smith...did well in Vestie's system.

1. As I have said before, Rich Rod is also familiar with a more pass heavy spread. He's been running this version because he has Pat White at QB. Can't fault the guy for being a good coach.

2. UC was a much less talented version of UM under Dantonio, and they didn't take long to learn it. The only position that's rough is the OL because they have to slim down and play more in space. If what happened at UC is true, it will lead to a few more holding and false start calls. That was only a bump in the road because of the increase in big plays.

Michigan... tons of talent on board and more on the way. More BCS games in the future = exposure...Henne on his way out... and Pat White...did well in Rich Rod's system.

You tell me... does he want a great college career and try to return punts in the NFL like Dantzler did?
Who knows? But if OSU is going to make him be a WR, I would look for him to go to a place that will at least allow him the opportunity to tryout QB.....

see Hines Ward, Antwaan Randle-El, Matt Jones, Ronald Curry, Patrick Crayton, Brian Mitchell, Michael Robinson...

soon to be: Pat White..Tim Tebow..

You tell me... does he want a great college career and try to return punts in the NFL like Dantzler did?

Which gets at my point of why Mich may be the better choice...if the kid wants to play QB, he knows he will have that opportunity with U of M. Ohio St. may want him to switch.

1. As I have said before, Rich Rod is also familiar with a more pass heavy spread. He's been running this version because he has Pat White at QB. Can't fault the guy for being a good coach.

2. UC was a much less talented version of UM under Dantonio, and they didn't take long to learn it. The only position that's rough is the OL because they have to slim down and play more in space. If what happened at UC is true, it will lead to a few more holding and false start calls. That was only a bump in the road because of the increase in big plays.

Michigan... tons of talent on board and more on the way. More BCS games in the future = exposure...Henne on his way out... and Pat White...did well in Rich Rod's system.

You think Pat White will play many years of QB in the the NFL? I am saying from an NFL perspective I think it's a mistake. The Vick shock and awe is over...people are starting to remember QB's have to throw.

Which gets at my point of why Mich may be the better choice...if the kid wants to play QB, he knows he will have that opportunity with U of M. Ohio St. may want him to switch.

OSU is recruiting him to play QB as far as I know. As a matter of fact if he doesn't sign OSU is already in with an 09 QB like him, not as good as him right now though, from TX.

You think Pat White will play many years of QB in the the NFL? I am saying from an NFL perspective I think it's a mistake. The Vick shock and awe is over...people are starting to remember QB's have to throw.

When was it decided this kid can't throw? I have seen him throw in person this year. He has a big arm!

And if he's a great passer, he will throw under Rich Rod's system. What can't you grasp about that?

He put White in passing situations that were conducive to his talent, which as a QB never translated to the NFL. Smith was voted the best college player in the land. Let's not act like he was a 1st round pick.

When he coached a great passer, he got him to the NFL and a long career.

Next...

OSU is recruiting him to play QB as far as I know. As a matter of fact if he doesn't sign OSU is already in with an 09 QB like him, not as good as him right now though, from TX.

I have heard otherwise (limited inside knowledge...heard the same thing about Penn St.-that is why I mentioned it).

And if he's a great passer, he will throw under Rich Rod's system. What can't you grasp about that?

He put White in passing situations that were conducive to his talent, which as a QB never translated to the NFL. Smith was voted the best college player in the land. Let's not act like he was a 1st round pick.

When he coached a great passer, he got him to the NFL and a long career.

Next...

He can go to Michigan and run the ball all he wants... he will learn just like White will.. in the NFL those guys are called RB's.

He can go to Michigan and run the ball all he wants... he will learn just like White will.. in the NFL those guys are called RB's.

Your Heisman winner from last year, has had a wonderful time....as have the last 38 or SO QB's from OSU....in regards to a prosperous NFL career.