Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Caracter Reinstated.

Featured Replies

Pitino has said so in so many words.

Not sure how it works, but I would venture to say if he passes this semster, he wouldn't have to go to a single class in the spring.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Told you all he would be back on Tuesday.

 

This is quicker than I thought, but I knew he would be back before the UK game.

I love to see UK fans give Rick a hard time about every litlle thing that goes on.

 

Bottom line he was hired to win games. I don't care what he does other than win. I am sure that is what all the UK fans want out of Billy G.

 

An average of 26 wins per season wasn't enough.

Actually I don't really care about this situation but will say this: I have heard that RickyP is at a crossroads with this kid. Internally he feels if he cuts ties with Derrick, that his life would implode and only bad things would come out of that....he feels he needs to hang on long enough, until he can provide for himself. I am not saying I agree with this sentiment, just giving a different perspective that I have actually heard.

 

It's called tough love and you don't practice it you become an enabler. Rick seems to be a classic enabler in this situation.

An average of 26 wins per season wasn't enough.

 

:thumb: Very good point. There is nothing that will be enough for some U.K. fans. ;)

It's called tough love and you don't practice it you become an enabler. Rick seems to be a classic enabler in this situation.

 

Another very good point lbbc, I 100% agree. Petino is enabling this kid to do what he wants and with this action is telling the rest of his team that they can do what they want - he will keep them and keep giving them chances. I have lost a ton of respect for Petino in this one and I do/did respect the man as a coach.

 

"Petino and Petrino".............a crooked Italian law firm.:D (J/K on that one but not in my post above)

I have many thoughts on this...

I do think this kid needs some help...guidance...whatever you want to call it. Maybe he will NEVER change but maybe Coach P sees some type of potential in this kid and he doesn't want to feel as if he gave up on the kid.

Maybe he is doing it just to try and win games. Won't be the first time a coach has given a kid several "hall passes" because of how he can add to a program. It happens at every level.

 

I can only hope that this kid can see he has been given ANOTHER chance to rise above! Let's hope he can.

I love to see UK fans give Rick a hard time about every litlle thing that goes on.

 

Bottom line he was hired to win games. I don't care what he does other than win. I am sure that is what all the UK fans want out of Billy G.

Not this one. I want a coach i can tell my kids about. Doing the right thing. I don't think Pitino placed winning over the right thing to do with Caracter. I believe that. All along he said it was up to Caracter to get reinstated.

 

What is your view Buckett? We seem to have common ideas.

An average of 26 wins per season wasn't enough.

 

Not when they're not in the post season.

 

Why must you bring stuff like this up in EVERY thread? I think this is a thread about UofL, Pitino, and Caracter.

Not when they're not in the post season.

 

Why must you bring stuff like this up in EVERY thread? I think this is a thread about UofL, Pitino, and Caracter.

 

Did you see CoachBuckett's post #9 where he brought UK into this thread and said that all UK wanted from coach Gillespie was to win?

Did you see CoachBuckett's post #9 where he brought UK into this thread and said that all UK wanted from coach Gillespie was to win?

 

So in a thread titled "Caracter Reinstated," we needed to determine the exact number of wins acceptable to UK fans?

So in a thread titled "Caracter Reinstated," we needed to determine the exact number of wins acceptable to UK fans?

 

Coach Buckett indicated that all UK fans wanted were wins and that is what was wanted at UL. I countered that winning is not all that UK fans must want as an average of 26 per season was not enough for them. Thus, using his point, that might not be the only thing UL fans want either.

 

You don't like my Tubby posts, don't read them.

Not true at all...

 

 

I guess that is true becaause all Orlando Smith did was win games and that wasn't enough.

I guess that is true becaause all Orlando Smith did was win games and that wasn't enough.

You are going to get it for bringing Coach Smith into a UL thread.:rolleyes::lol::p:jump:

You don't like my Tubby posts, don't read them.

 

Kinda hard to do when they're in every thread.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.