Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Redshirting (Meeks and Jasper)

Featured Replies

I have heard a lot of people on talk radio and such discuss the possibility of either Jasper, Meeks, or both redshirting if they can not get their injuries worked out.

 

Anyone who knows the rules about redshirting, help me out. When would BCG and company have to make a decision on this? Or can they even still decide to redshirt one of if not both of them?

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I am not mistaken,I know Jasper can but I dont think Meeks can because he has played a regular season game already.Like I said,I'm not 100% on that though.

Meeks can still get a medical redshirt.

  • Author
Meeks can still get a medical redshirt.

 

Is there a time frame on which they can decide to do that, LRCW?

Is there a time frame on which they can decide to do that, LRCW?

 

You don't have to apply for it for a long time. They can still apply for one for Carter from last year.

 

There is some limit about how many games you can play, but I don't think Meeks is anywhere close to that limit.

They arent that good anyway. Everyone acts like they are the saviors. The excuses are getting old. Phantom call, 2 starters out, Tubby left nothing- it's always some excuse. They didnt make adjustments today and got outplayed by an average UAB team. Period!

NIT is the best they can do. Lucky for them the SEC is down.

They arent that good anyway. Everyone acts like they are the saviors. The excuses are getting old. Phantom call, 2 starters out, Tubby left nothing- it's always some excuse. They didnt make adjustments today and got outplayed by an average UAB team. Period!

NIT is the best they can do. Lucky for them the SEC is down.

 

Those aren't excuses, they are reasons for why this UK team is so bad.

They arent that good anyway.

 

As freshmen they combined to average 11.6 ppg, 6.4 rpg, and 4.4 apg. You have to think that would increase this year.

 

You don't think Jasper could've affected Vaden today? You don't think he might play the point better than Porter? You don't think Meek's scoring ability might open up the inside a little more for Patterson?

 

They may not be saviors, but they are darn good.

As freshmen they combined to average 11.6 ppg, 6.4 rpg, and 4.4 apg. You have to think that would increase this year.

 

You don't think Jasper could've affected Vaden today? You don't think he might play the point better than Porter? You don't think Meek's scoring ability might open up the inside a little more for Patterson?

 

They may not be saviors, but they are darn good.

 

I thought Tubby didn't leave anyone good?

I thought Tubby didn't leave anyone good?

 

OK, so Tubby left Meeks. He's good. Jasper is a decent point guard and rebounder.

 

2 players out of what 11 or 12. Not a bad average.:lol:

 

Tubby doesn't get credit for Patterson. Noone, I repeat NOONE knew where he was headed until the day he committed (which was under BCG).

OK, so Tubby left Meeks. He's good. Jasper is a decent point guard and rebounder.

 

2 players out of what 11 or 12. Not a bad average.:lol:

 

Tubby doesn't get credit for Patterson. Noone, I repeat NOONE knew where he was headed until the day he committed (which was under BCG).

 

So are we saying Bradley and Crawford shouldn't be playing major college basketball. Please!

The way this season is looking, I would hate to waste either of these guys eligibility for part of a season.

OK, so Tubby left Meeks. He's good. Jasper is a decent point guard and rebounder.

 

2 players out of what 11 or 12. Not a bad average.:lol:

 

Tubby doesn't get credit for Patterson. Noone, I repeat NOONE knew where he was headed until the day he committed (which was under BCG).

Those other players Tubby left were good enough to get a 14 point lead on UAB.

I thought Tubby didn't leave anyone good?

 

He left some quality guards, but not even serviceable big men. Heck, UK is starting a kid that walked on after HE contacted Tubby.

 

Just think what UK would look like without Patterson and Coury.

  • Author
The way this season is looking, I would hate to waste either of these guys eligibility for part of a season.

 

That's what I am thinking too Strike. If they can get back in the next few weeks thats one thing, but if they are not back by Lousiville or atleast the begining of the SEC - I dont think its any question, redshirt them.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.