Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bluegrass Blame Game

Featured Replies

I agree with the points on BCG's watch, but a lot of these kids never have been known for their hustle, and the seniors have been known to take their own agendas onto the court, anyway. There is enough to go around on all fronts with this team. The glaring lack of quality players, the loss to GW and the players themselves not stepping up.

I didnt even read the article but I will say give BCG time to get "HIS" players in there first off before we do anything else.

I don't know if BCG is the right man for the job or not yet. No one does. Give the guy time. He'll prove himself or we'll be looking for a new coach.

I don't know if BCG is the right man for the job or not yet. No one does. Give the guy time. He'll prove himself or we'll be looking for a new coach.

 

IMHO the only thing he has done wrong so far is lose to GW.

I was for the hire of BCG after the fact that Tubby had left but I can agree with others in that you have to give a man more time than what he has had before judging him.

Then again, people were bashing Tubby Smith from day one. :rolleyes:. Roll on 18%... :lol:

I didnt even read the article but I will say give BCG time to get "HIS" players in there first off before we do anything else.

 

Funny story. He has yet to stay anywhere long enough to know if he can win with "his" players...

Funny story. He has yet to stay anywhere long enough to know if he can win with "his" players...

 

Thats true but I am hoping he can stay long enough to attempt that here :lol:

He always has a bad first year, everywhere he's been. I'm willing to see what he can do with year two.

Funny story. He has yet to stay anywhere long enough to know if he can win with "his" players...

 

Coming from the guy that pimped him as a great recruiter. :p

Coming from the guy that pimped him as a great recruiter. :p

He is. He just hasn't stayed around to coach said talent... :p

He always has a bad first year, everywhere he's been. I'm willing to see what he can do with year two.

 

 

Not true, he went 21-10 and 8-8 in the Big 12 in his first year at Texas A&M after the team had went 7-21 and 0-16 the year before he arrived.

Not true, he went 21-10 and 8-8 in the Big 12 in his first year at Texas A&M after the team had went 7-21 and 0-16 the year before he arrived.

 

Well, I should have said he had a massive improvement after his first seasons. I see no reason why he can't do the same thing here.

IMHO the only thing he has done wrong so far is lose to GW.

 

O.K. now I take it back. Choking against UAB is bad.

They share the fault I believe. Tubby would have this team at about 7-2, somewhere around there (I do not know how that tourny with Gardner Webb worked with the amount of games.) Tubby did leave some very large holes to fill with recruiting, and recruiting does not happen the first year a coach gets there, if happens over a period of 4 years so that he can have all players he recruited. That is when it will truly show how good a coach can work with his players, they will be his players, not Tubby's. Tubby is a better coach, Billy G is a better recruiter. Tubby could not recruit, right now Billy G can not get his players to respond like he wants them to. Pick your poison.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.