Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Freshman NKY

Featured Replies

Walton-Verona Defeated Scott this week by 2 points. Not bad for a small school with only 2 freshmen on the freshmen team.

  • Replies 151
  • Views 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LadyBirds are hitting on all cylinders at the moment. They are gearing up for a title run. Go Birds!!!

 

Well, so much for that comment. Ryle beats the Birds tonight without much trouble. I know the Birds will get it together after the much needed 4 day break. Go Birds.

  • Author
Well, so much for that comment. Ryle beats the Birds tonight without much trouble. I know the Birds will get it together after the much needed 4 day break. Go Birds.

 

2nd Time Ryle has beat HHS this year. Are they the favorite to win the regional tournament?

Walton-Verona Defeated Scott this week by 2 points. Not bad for a small school with only 2 freshmen on the freshmen team.

I heard it was a 7th grader who stepped up to the line and made two free throws with 1 second left.

I heard it was a 7th grader who stepped up to the line and made two free throws with 1 second left.

 

Yes, Treadway. Stepped up big

The Camels should of have beat the Lady Cats, if the Freshmen coach would play something else besides a 3-2 Zone and run the same offensive play all night, it would of have been a different game. The Freshmen girls are better than 2 wins out of 13. Watching these girls a couple of times, I shake my head and wonder where the program is going with the coaching.

 

Pendleton played very bad that night and their two leading scorers played less than half the game with foul trouble.

 

I think in a rematch with how Pendleton is now playing, Pendleton wins by double digits.

Pendleton played very bad that night and their two leading scorers played less than half the game with foul trouble.

 

I think in a rematch with how Pendleton is now playing, Pendleton wins by double digits.

 

Since they do not play again, how will we know? Also, if theLady Camels Freshmen continue to finish out with a 3-2 Zone and running only 1 offensive play,they might not win another game. I am not joking, the coaching is a joke. There is talent there, the coach's job is to bring out the talent and make it better, give less experience players a chance and develop them, and finally put your team in the position to win a game. Not calling time outs, not pressing, not playing man to man defense and many other factors lead to a team looking and playing bad.

Since they do not play again, how will we know? Also, if theLady Camels Freshmen continue to finish out with a 3-2 Zone and running only 1 offensive play,they might not win another game. I am not joking, the coaching is a joke. There is talent there, the coach's job is to bring out the talent and make it better, give less experience players a chance and develop them, and finally put your team in the position to win a game. Not calling time outs, not pressing, not playing man to man defense and many other factors lead to a team looking and playing bad.

 

Maybe we will meet up in the freshmen regional.:thumb:

Ryle over Holmes tonight 40-14

NDA over Dixie tonight by 1 in overtime.

NDA over Dixie tonight by 1 in overtime.

 

Which I heard was a very nicely officiated game!

Which I heard was a very nicely officiated game!

 

I heard the officiating was a little suspect.:thumb:

I am sorry for coming into this thread late however, I have experience with my daughter coming up to varsity in the 8th. grade. The team did it the right way after talking with me and my wife. We were concerned about the maturity factor and how other girls on the team would feel about an 8th. grader on their team. Until we were satisfied that some things were covered we did not agree to let her play. Eventually the coach offered two mentors to help her adjust and to help her integrate with the team. To this very day one of her mentors is one of her best friends. My daughter is now a senior and the team she is on is loaded with underclass girls. As you can tell I am not against the moving of girls up the ladder if they can play. But, with that being said, just because you can play doesn't mean that you are mature enough to handle the situation. I have watched over the last 4 years, several talented teams not even come close to their potential because of the internal problems going on in the locker room. Coaches need to be more aware of the potential problems associated with bringing the younger girls up especially not showing favoritism to the younger girls. You can not punish a senior for a bad pass if you are not going to punish a freshman for the same offense. This will cause more problems than anything else. The captains on the team need to have the backing of the coach and when it is explained that the younger girls do not follow instruction, on the court, of the upperclass girls, it needs to be addressed. Someone needs to help keep the younger girls grounded initially, they will get their chance later as leaders. I know I am a little long winded but this is one of the teams that I talked about earlier. I have watched this team disintegrate before my eyes. Their is very little team play, some of the girls will not even pass the ball to the others, they argue on and off the court and it is a shame because they have a lot of talent but are going nowhere fast.

Simon Kenton over Campbell County and Bishop Brossart this week.

Wow! Just when we get back on track somebody goes way off this threads topic . Highlands Frosh Ladybirds puts away Scott on Tues night . Go Birds.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.