AAU Basketball

UserName

Has anyone seen the kids from Walnut Hills in Cincinnati play? They're 7th graders. I'm not sure what AAU team they play on but they're school team is LOADED!!! They have a Grimes kid who is their best player. Dantonio Wingfield's son is probably their third best player. They beat Norwood last night 93-2. No press, no trap and the starters played 5:30 minutes...:eek::eek:

I believe those two kids play with a Louisville All Star team when AAU tourneys start. I have heard that Wingfield's son and the Grimes kid are both forces. I havent seen them play yet though.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe those two kids play with a Louisville All Star team when AAU tourneys start. I have heard that Wingfield's son and the Grimes kid are both forces. I havent seen them play yet though.

Last year, Grimes played with the Cincinnati Knights while Wingfield played with the Cincinnati Playmakers. In OH, they are not allowed to play AAU at the same time as school ball once they reach 7th grade so who knows where they will play this year.

Probably why they roll with the Select teams on the weekends.

From my understanding, they can't be playing with select teams on weekends. On another message regarding OH basketball, they have said many times the rule in OH is you can't play select basketball at the same time as school beginning in 7th grade. Plus, even after school ball is over, you are only allowed 2 kids from the same school on the same select team.

From my understanding, they can't be playing with select teams on weekends. On another message regarding OH basketball, they have said many times the rule in OH is you can't play select basketball at the same time as school beginning in 7th grade. Plus, even after school ball is over, you are only allowed 2 kids from the same school on the same select team.

I was trying to find that. I didn't think they were allowed but wasn't for sure. I can remember an Ohio AD telling me, "KY, do you guys even have rules?" I think he was talking about this...

NKY Firehawks, 7th grade.

One starter with a broken growth plate, One starter with a broken collar bone.

Two other starters aren't playing until school ball ends

Hopefully they get healthy and mesh when tourny time starts.

I've heard good things about this team.

That is a very tough rule. I feel for the kids that are dominating and only getting 5-8 min a game. My son's AAU team plays up in Evendale against several OHIO teams so I wonder what most of the kids are choosing. Are they picking their school teams or AAU ball? There are a few KY AAU squads also in our division.

Tell me about their coach, how is he with the kids? What kind of offense does he run?

He's great with the kids, he's a great person in general. He love's to run, he took his kids and my brother on vacation and made them run a mile a day, also made then walk every where they went, no car rides were allowed. :lol:

I've worked so much this year that i've only seen one game but from past experience he likes to run a lot of motion and isolation.

He actually played for Middlesboro back in the day, got jiped out of a game winning bucket against Oak Hills Academy.

Does the boy that plays for Woodland, Jehn, play for this team. I thought I rememberd him from last season. He has an nice handle and shoots well.

Must be the wrong team, I think he plays for the Royals. You might be thinking of Swanson from Summit View.

The FireHawks are an all Twenhofel and Summit View team for now.