Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Meeks to redshirt?

Featured Replies

He only played 2 regular season games... The team has only played 4.

 

Sorry! I didn't mean to put the "regular" in there! So surely he can redshirt!

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought that he would be able to get a medical redshirt. He only played 4 regular season games.

 

From the NCAA:

 

 

Redshirt Definition

 

The term "redshirt" is used to describe a student-athlete who does not participate in competition in a sport for an entire academic year. If you do not compete in a sport the entire academic year, you have not used a season of competition. For example, if you are a qualifier, and you attend a four-year college your freshman year, and you practice but do not compete against outside competition, you would still have the next four years to play four seasons of competition.

 

Each student is allowed no more than four seasons of competition per sport. If you were not a qualifier, you may have fewer seasons of competition available to you. You should know that NCAA rules indicate that any competition, regardless of time, during a season counts as one of your seasons of competition in that sport. It does not matter how long you were involved in a particular competition (for example, one play in a football game, one point in a volleyball match); you will be charged with one season of competition.

Those rules do not apply to a "medical" redshirt, and I think a medical redshirt has to be approved by somebody from the NCAA.

Those rules do not apply to a "medical" redshirt, and I think a medical redshirt has to be approved by somebody from the NCAA.

 

OK. I forgot about that. Let me look it up.

OK. I forgot about that. Let me look it up.

 

I too, would be interested in seeing the exact writing of the rule, if you can find it anywhere.

OK. I forgot about that. Let me look it up.

 

Found it. There actually is a new rule on this and it appears that he could , indeed, apply for the redshirt. The player can apply if he has appeared in less than or equal to greater of 3 games or 30% of the season.

Thats comforting to hear, but I'm still hoping for a speedy recovery and he can help us again by SEC play.

Thats comforting to hear, but I'm still hoping for a speedy recovery and he can help us again by SEC play.

 

So is BCG.

Billy didn't say that Meeks was going to be out longer, just that he is monitoring Meeks closer than he is Jasper.

I was meaning a medical redshirt. Sorry for being a confused idiot! :ylsuper:

Billy didn't say that Meeks was going to be out longer, just that he is monitoring Meeks closer than he is Jasper.

 

BCG said tonight that he's more concerned about Meeks injury lasting longer than DJ's due to the fact that Meeks still can do absolutely nothing physically.

Outside of Patterson not coming to UK, this is the worst possible thing that could have happened. If he misses the year.

We probably just need to write this year and next off as rebuilding, and then be ready to kick butt in the third year.

We probably just need to write this year and next off as rebuilding, and then be ready to kick butt in the third year.

 

I'll be happy with effort and improvement this year. It was going to be a tough year anyway, but the injuries are just compounding things.

I knew Meeks would be out for a while, that injury hurts... Trust me. Not good news for the Cats.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.