Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell 26 Mason County 21 (3A)

Featured Replies

be nice to us guys in stripes, yea, it's rare, but we make them..;)

 

I agree,is a tough job,there were not a lot of flags and the ones they threw did not have a disagreement with. Was the indecision on critical points of the game and they done a very poor job of spotting the ball all night long on the end of plays.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOPS......You mean the official made a mistake.......SHOCKING:rolleyes:

 

:rolleyes: Yes he did and by the way.... Russell still won with the mistake. Thought I might let you know that. Geeeez.

 

Now talking about more important things. Russell showed why they are Russell tonight. They are one of the most fundamentally sound football teams year in and year out that I have ever seen. That coaching staff could have made me a good football player. :lol: They are just that good.

 

The old saying is that "Tradition Never Graduates" is never truer in any program than in the Russell football program. As an outsider I am truly envious of what the folks in Flatwoods have accomplished. And you can tell those accomplishments have been done the old fashioned way. Good ole hard work.

 

Good luck Red Devils. Make our district proud.

I agree,is a tough job,there were not a lot of flags and the ones they threw did not have a disagreement with. Was the indecision on critical points of the game and they done a very poor job of spotting the ball all night long on the end of plays.

 

The one thing to watch if you follow officiating, watch both wing guys on the sideline. If they come in each time and appears to be squared up, they got it. Some fans fail to realize if a runner gets stopped at the 20 and lands on three yards back from the tackle, the spot is on the 20. Officials will give them their forward progress, ball location when the knee hits.

 

The key, watch both side guys, if they are on opposite lines spotting the ball, they are having differences in their spot. It's all about forward progress.

:rolleyes: Yes he did and by the way.... Russell still won with the mistake. Thought I might let you know that. Geeeez.

 

Now talking about more important things. Russell showed why they are Russell tonight. They are one of the most fundamentally sound football teams year in and year out that I have ever seen. That coaching staff could have made me a good football player. :lol: They are just that good.

 

The old saying is that "Tradition Never Graduates" is never truer in any program than in the Russell football program. As an outsider I am truly envious of what the folks in Flatwoods have accomplished. And you can tell those accomplishments have been done the old fashioned way. Good ole hard work.

 

Good luck Red Devils. Make our district proud.

Both teams played there heart out last night and would hate to have seen either team lose on a officials mistake like that.Either team would have made the district proud,2 very good football programs.
:rolleyes:Yes he did and by the way.... Russell still won with the mistake. Thought I might let you know that. Geeeez.

 

Now talking about more important things. Russell showed why they are Russell tonight. They are one of the most fundamentally sound football teams year in and year out that I have ever seen. That coaching staff could have made me a good football player. :lol: They are just that good.

 

The old saying is that "Tradition Never Graduates" is never truer in any program than in the Russell football program. As an outsider I am truly envious of what the folks in Flatwoods have accomplished. And you can tell those accomplishments have been done the old fashioned way. Good ole hard work.

 

Good luck Red Devils. Make our district proud.

 

This was a statement following a timeout which was pointed in the wrong direction, that almost made a difference in the game?

 

I can certainly understand the issue with the on-side kick issue, but I thought that was in your (russell) favor? If indeed Mason kicked the ball, Russell muffed it, whistle blown and Mason recovered, your favor. Due to the error of the IW, re-kick and someone said Mason recovered that one, not sure why you and everyone else feels that this officials mistake was deciding point in the game.

 

I looked up the crew, solid crew on the game. Guess what, MNF had a IW just this past Monday. It happens, unfortunately it did in this game. I am sure this official and the crew felt horrible but it does happen.

Your welcome.

 

Another Great game tonight between Mason and Russell. Mason has a very good team. The only bad thing about these teams being in the same district means that one has to go out early.

 

It was classic Russell football in the fourth quarter. A defensive stand and then run out the last 5:00 of the game with the running game.

 

Mason really pulled out all of the stops in this one and Russell made some huge stops when they had to.

 

I still don't understand the ruling on the onside kick in the 3rd quarter. It was either Mason recovering the ball or the Russell player was down when he caught it. I have never seen a do-over before. Then Mason does it again and recovers. :mad:

 

The argument was, the russell player waved for a fair catch and they ran into him. It should have been a flag and Russells ball.

The argument was, the russell player waved for a fair catch and they ran into him. It should have been a flag and Russells ball.

 

I was right in front of it. He had plenty of time and room to make the catch it just slipped through his hands. It should have been Mason Co. ball. I guess the ball doesnt lie since they got it back.

Congratulations Devils! I will be there to see y'all next week. Good Luck for Ramland!

The official told me it was an inadvertent whistle. After a guy admits he made a mistake, although it is frustrating, I appreciate that he says he messed up instead of pretending otherwise. Everyone makes mistakes, those that own up to them get alot more respect.

 

Both teams played very hard last night. It was a great night for football. Both teams were aggressive in trying to win the game.

 

I would expect the Bobcats and Devils to both leave it all on the field as well this Friday. Best of luck to both teams.

The official told me it was an inadvertent whistle. After a guy admits he made a mistake, although it is frustrating, I appreciate that he says he messed up instead of pretending otherwise. Everyone makes mistakes, those that own up to them get alot more respect.

 

Both teams played very hard last night. It was a great night for football. Both teams were aggressive in trying to win the game.

 

I would expect the Bobcats and Devils to both leave it all on the field as well this Friday. Best of luck to both teams.

 

Which official? Back judge or linesman if in fact it was on the visitor side. No names please....

 

I agree, if an official blows one, admit it, take the lump from the coach and go on with it. You cannot dwell over it or you will lose your focus in the game.

Which official? Back judge or linesman if in fact it was on the visitor side. No names please....

 

I agree, if an official blows one, admit it, take the lump from the coach and go on with it. You cannot dwell over it or you will lose your focus in the game.

 

 

I don't remember which one it was. Seems like he was young. This was the first time for me with this crew. They were good to communicate with during the course of the game.

I was at the 50 on Masons side and the Russel kid flat out muffed it and Mason recovered.

 

Mason County owned the air all night, but when it came time to capitalize the went soft and ran it into the teeth of the Russel D.

 

Explain to me why you kick an onside kick, recover it, and then call 3 straight running plays on the opponents 40.

Getting really used to this type of play calling in big games.

-FBALL reply-

Because Pollitt and Cox great at running the ball. That is enough of a reason to me.

 

I agree FBALL!!

 

So why don't you tell us '1996' what you would have done. Its easy to second guess and 'speculate' when you're not the one actually calling the shots! Coach B has built one heck of a program at Mason Co. and it is because he, his coaches and players work their butts off year in and year out that they compete the way they do!!

 

And why don't we talk about that onside kick... did it twice in a row to perfection!!! Great play calling in my book.;)

 

Congrats on a great year Royals!!! You make the Ragin' Royal Nation Proud!!:thumb:

-FBALL reply-

Because Pollitt and Cox great at running the ball. That is enough of a reason to me.

 

I agree FBALL!!

 

So why don't you tell us '1996' what you would have done. Its easy to second guess and 'speculate' when you're not the one actually calling the shots! Coach B has built one heck of a program at Mason Co. and it is because he, his coaches and players work their butts off year in and year out that they compete the way they do!!

 

And why don't we talk about that onside kick... did it twice in a row to perfection!!! Great play calling in my book.;)

 

Congrats on a great year Royals!!! You make the Ragin' Royal Nation Proud!!:thumb:

 

I'll second that. Good job by the lady kicker.

-FBALL reply-

Because Pollitt and Cox great at running the ball. That is enough of a reason to me.

 

I agree FBALL!!

 

So why don't you tell us '1996' what you would have done. Its easy to second guess and 'speculate' when you're not the one actually calling the shots! Coach B has built one heck of a program at Mason Co. and it is because he, his coaches and players work their butts off year in and year out that they compete the way they do!!

 

And why don't we talk about that onside kick... did it twice in a row to perfection!!! Great play calling in my book.;)

 

Congrats on a great year Royals!!! You make the Ragin' Royal Nation Proud!!:thumb:

 

 

Just for the record, I left Thompson out of that original post by accident. When you have three kids that can run the ball like that I think you try to play to your strength.

Nobody has mentioned it yet but Adam Foster played one heck of a football game. I believe he had 17 tackles, 9 solo and 8 assists. He made big hits on defense as well as offense and really played with more emotion than anyone else on the field. Good job.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.