Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach John L. Smith

Featured Replies

I have been thinking about this over the last couple of weeks and wanted your thoughts. Coach John L. Smith is back in Louisville. While I was not happy how things went down when he left UofL...I know John L. and think alot of him as person/friend.

So here is my thought. I think he should take a local high school head coaching job. I think it should be a program that has had it struggles. Would really like to see what he could do with the program.

So what say you? What school would you choose and why?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please do not turn this into a UK/UL, T/X or public vs private debate!!

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea. I saw a reality show about Dick Butkus doing something like that. I only saw a a couple episodes, not sure how it turned out. But yes, I think John L. has a debt to Louisville which I think he could pay off by coaching at Shawnee for 4 or 5 years.

Great idea. I saw a reality show about Dick Butkus doing something like that. I only saw a a couple episodes, not sure how it turned out. But yes, I think John L. has a debt to Louisville which I think he could pay off by coaching at Shawnee for 4 or 5 years.

 

It was an absolute train wreck. I think he ended up leaving the team midway through the season. I guess the thought was that just because he was a HOF player, he would be a good coach. That was not the case.

 

What "debt" does John L. have to Louisville?

  • Author
It was an absolute train wreck. I think he ended up leaving the team midway through the season. I guess the thought was that just because he was a HOF player, he would be a good coach. That was not the case.

 

What "debt" does John L. have to Louisville?

 

 

Are you asking why is he here?

Are you asking why is he here?

I assumed it was because he was not coaching elsewhere and likes Louisville or has kids here, I am not sure?

 

I was responding to the portion of Park's post: But yes, I think John L. has a debt to Louisville which I think he could pay off by coaching at Shawnee for 4 or 5 years.

  • Author
I assumed it was because he was not coaching elsewhere and likes Louisville or has kids here, I am not sure?

 

I was responding to the portion of Park's post: But yes, I think John L. has a debt to Louisville which I think he could pay off by coaching at Shawnee for 4 or 5 years.

 

 

Sorry about that didn't read it that way.

 

And yes...he does really like Louisville.

  • Author

I would like to see him at one of the following Fern Creek, DeSales, Eastern or Holy Cross.

I would like to see him at one of the following Fern Creek, DeSales, Eastern or Holy Cross.

 

 

I don't think you're going to see Sander leaving DeSales anytime soon.

One thing's for sure: Johnelle doesn't need to be at any school where the players are "disciplinary challenged."

Only one I could see is Eastern (didn't his son play linebacker there?)

John L would once again be a great fit for the community. I would love to see him get a local high school coaching position.

  • Author
I don't think you're going to see Sander leaving DeSales anytime soon.

 

Lighten up Frances this is a hypothetical situation. :p:p:p

  • Author
One thing's for sure: Johnelle doesn't need to be at any school where the players are "disciplinary challenged."

 

I knew it wouldn't be long for someone put a slam out here. :lol::lol::lol:

I would like to see him at one of the following Fern Creek, DeSales, Eastern or Holy Cross.

 

We are fortunate to have Sander at DeSales. I hope he stays at least long enough to send DeSales to a state championship. He has been an asset to the school and the football program.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.