November 11, 200718 yr Passed on a couple of does with extreme opposition from the midget! Friend across the hollow killed a 10pt 130 class. Not bad, would have been a beauty for the midget. Have church tomorrow and will be back out Monday morning Lord willing!:thumb:
November 11, 200718 yr Passed on two 8 pointers and a few does. The 8 pointers were just too little for me, no paunch in the gut and not out past there ears. Must have just been about 18 - 24 months old. Should be dandies in a few years, if they make it.
November 11, 200718 yr Great morning to hunt. I saw a nice buck that came in from behind me and never offered a clear shot so I passed. Saw two other deer but only the South side as they traveled North, waiving their white flags goodbye.
November 12, 200718 yr Sweeperboy recovers from a Tree Stand episode a couple of weeks ago and bags a monster Sat Afternoon. Hopefully he will send me a couple of pictures. Real nice Deer!!!!!
November 12, 200718 yr I had a nice 8 point in the scope yesterday evening, but from where I was shooting to where he was I would have hit every limb in the hills so I figured it would have been a wasted shot. I waited on him to come out the the open for a shot but he never did. Lets hope he is out there again this evening!
November 12, 200718 yr I killed a six pointer yesterday with a 18 inch inside spread and it had G2's that had 10-12 inch length. The rut is on in Pendelton Co. Saw some smaller bucks chasing does all morning.
November 12, 200718 yr My old neighbor shot a 16 pointer. He roughly scored it as a 182, probably will score higher, and it is a monster.
November 12, 200718 yr I missed a decent 8 with my bow last Thursday evening. He was at 30 and I knew he was at 30 but put my 40 pin on him. Shot right over his back. It was probably for the best. I don't think he was as big as I though when I first saw him.
November 12, 200718 yr I missed a decent 8 with my bow last Thursday evening. He was at 30 and I knew he was at 30 but put my 40 pin on him. Shot right over his back. It was probably for the best. I don't think he was as big as I though when I first saw him. Yeah, but killing a deer with a bow takes a lot more skill. Even a doe is an accomplishment with a bow.
November 13, 200718 yr I killed a six pointer yesterday with a 18 inch inside spread and it had G2's that had 10-12 inch length. The rut is on in Pendelton Co. Saw some smaller bucks chasing does all morning. Wow! Thats sorta rare to bag a six pt buck with an 18 in spread. I thought the land owner or better yet the deer guide on that farm had strick rules. 1) buck must be 8 pts or more and 2) Deer must be 3 1/2 year or older. :lol:
November 16, 200718 yr I got an 8 point yesterday. I took off work at 1, left the house at 2, shot him at 2:15, and had him hung up and skinned by 3. Quickest day of hunting in my life!!!:ylsuper:
November 16, 200718 yr I got an 8 point yesterday. I took off work at 1, left the house at 2, shot him at 2:15, and had him hung up and skinned by 3. Quickest day of hunting in my life!!!:ylsuper: You still had time to go back to work.
November 16, 200718 yr You still had time to go back to work. It was almost like taking an extended lunch break!:lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.