November 10, 200718 yr Belmont is a solid team and this isnt that big of an upset by no means but to say UC just isnt there yet kinda confuses me.
November 10, 200718 yr Author Mick took over as close to a death penalty situation as you can get without the actual sanctions. There was one, and that's no joke, D1 player on the roster and only six weeks to build a team. That D1 one talent? Ced McGowan. UC is in a long term rebuild, and the blame spreads far and wide. The talent level is far beyond what I expected on that final day the Huggs era ended with AK taking the Ole Miss job and Mick being named the UC coach. Biggie McClain, Alvin Mitchell, Larry Davis, Rashad Bishop, Darnell Wilks, Yancy Gates and Cash Wright are the future. Add that to Deonta Vaughn and Mike Williams and there is little excuse going forward...
November 10, 200718 yr Belmont hit 12 three-pointers and made 19 layups, many off of backdoor cuts. My gosh, that sounds a little familiar. Breakup the Atlantic Sun.
November 10, 200718 yr Mick took over as close to a death penalty situation as you can get without the actual sanctions. There was one, and that's no joke, D1 player on the roster and only six weeks to build a team. That D1 one talent? Ced McGowan. UC is in a long term rebuild, and the blame spreads far and wide. The talent level is far beyond what I expected on that final day the Huggs era ended with AK taking the Ole Miss job and Mick being named the UC coach. Biggie McClain, Alvin Mitchell, Larry Davis, Rashad Bishop, Darnell Wilks, Yancy Gates and Cash Wright are the future. Add that to Deonta Vaughn and Mike Williams and there is little excuse going forward... How many years has Cronin had to right the ship? He had some serious hype as a recruiter while under Pitino... So is it that he's just a good recruiter and still working on the X's and O's? or has he not been able to recruit like he did when he got to throw Daddy Pitino's name around the living room?
November 10, 200718 yr Author How many years has Cronin had to right the ship? He had some serious hype as a recruiter while under Pitino... So is it that he's just a good recruiter and still working on the X's and O's? or has he not been able to recruit like he did when he got to throw Daddy Pitino's name around the living room? This is his first real recruiting class...
November 10, 200718 yr This is his first real recruiting class... What do you mean by "real recruiting class"? I used to keep up with UC when I lived in Northern KY, but I've lost track...
November 10, 200718 yr Author What do you mean by "real recruiting class"? I used to keep up with UC when I lived in Northern KY, but I've lost track... He took over last April with one player left on the roster and zero time to recruit quality talent. He filled the team with as many short term JUCO fixes as he could find and did get one 4 year player in Vaughn. The Huggins fiasco ended up being basically a self imposed death penalty, and Mick has a long way to go in getting UC back to where they used to be...
November 10, 200718 yr He took over last April with one player left on the roster and zero time to recruit quality talent. He filled the team with as many short term JUCO fixes as he could find and did get one 4 year player in Vaughn. The Huggins fiasco ended up being basically a self imposed death penalty, and Mick has a long way to go in getting UC back to where they used to be... Seems to me like BCG had time to land 2 more Buger Boys to the roster when he landed in April...
November 10, 200718 yr Author Seems to me like BCG had time to land 2 more Buger Boys to the roster when he landed in April... Mick also landed a Burger Boy in Texas transfer Mike Williams. BCG also inherited a decent roster and lost to Gardner-Webb...
November 10, 200718 yr He took over last April with one player left on the roster and zero time to recruit quality talent. He filled the team with as many short term JUCO fixes as he could find and did get one 4 year player in Vaughn. The Huggins fiasco ended up being basically a self imposed death penalty, and Mick has a long way to go in getting UC back to where they used to be... Do you think anything would have been different if the Red Witch would have named Kennedy head coach right away and let him get to work recruiting immediatly. I know this is speculation, but I really liked AK.
November 10, 200718 yr Author Do you think anything would have been different if the Red Witch would have named Kennedy head coach right away and let him get to work recruiting immediatly. I know this is speculation, but I really liked AK. No. I love AK as a coach, but as a recruiter he leaves a lot to be desired...
November 10, 200718 yr Mick took over as close to a death penalty situation as you can get without the actual sanctions. There was one, and that's no joke, D1 player on the roster and only six weeks to build a team. That D1 one talent? Ced McGowan. UC is in a long term rebuild, and the blame spreads far and wide. The talent level is far beyond what I expected on that final day the Huggs era ended with AK taking the Ole Miss job and Mick being named the UC coach. Biggie McClain, Alvin Mitchell, Larry Davis, Rashad Bishop, Darnell Wilks, Yancy Gates and Cash Wright are the future. Add that to Deonta Vaughn and Mike Williams and there is little excuse going forward... I can think of one other D-I guy... but that was for football.
November 10, 200718 yr Author I can think of one other D-I guy... but that was for football. Best pass catching 6'4" C in the Big East... :lol:
November 11, 200718 yr At one point, the UC broadcast had Belmont with 23 baskets and 20 assists. THAT is basketball, right there. UK should be studying this film to learn what basketball is supposed to be. Nice job Mr. Belcher.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.