Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Biggest upset of the year

Featured Replies

With just about every thread about two teams having a poll, there generally has been some banter about an upset. However this year, things seem in my neck of the woods seemed to go as planned. Better teams win over average teams. With what has been going on in college football with 5 upsets a week, where are the upsets this year in high school? Yes X beat Trinity and Eastern beat Ballard and whoever wins between Manual and Male wouldn't be a surprise but I wouldn't call those upsets. What do you think is the biggest upset in Kentucky this year?

  • Replies 47
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atherton with 3 wins

On a much smaller scale of schools than the ones mentioned in the original post I would say that East Carter beating Raceland was an upset. JMO.

I think Frankfort over Danville might qualify.

I think Frankfort over Danville might qualify.

 

Not this year. :thumb:

 

I had a coach who once said, "An upset, is never an upset; to the team that plans it."

Not this year. :thumb:

 

I had a coach who once said, "An upset, is never an upset; to the team that plans it."

 

Glad you have so much faith in us.

In NKY, Holmes over Dixie, 33 - 20, would have to be the upset of the year, so far.

I have noticed that you don't find too many upsets in the Louisville area that often.

 

At least not many in recent years.

In NKY, Holmes over Dixie, 33 - 20, would have to be the upset of the year, so far.

 

Simon Kenton over Ryle is probably # 2

Dayton over Holmes

Scott over Holmes

Looking teams and thier seeding for the playoffs:

 

(4) Nelson Co. 53

(1) Greenwood 19

Glad you have so much faith in us.

 

Always been a fan of Frankfort after I went to school with Coach Webb's daughter. When we played them at Boyle they had some very good teams in the mid 70's.

I think Frankfort over Danville might qualify.

Is it an upset when this is now the second time in the last three games (over 2 years) that you beat them?

Is it an upset when this is now the second time in the last three games (over 2 years) that you beat them?

 

It was on their field and they were ranked 1 or 2 whichever poll you look at, and we played without one of our best players, so yeah I would consider it an upset.

Always been a fan of Frankfort after I went to school with Coach Webb's daughter. When we played them at Boyle they had some very good teams in the mid 70's.

 

I played for coach Webb from 70-73 a great defensive coach and top notch person. We are still pretty close ,and I consider it an honor to be his freind.

Maybe it's not an upset but I and a lot of people were shocked when Woodford County beat Johnson Central, especially as bad as they beat them.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.