Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The best fans?

Featured Replies

I've been to games across the state and have been surprised by many. Who do you think has the best fans?

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it depends on how you define best. As far as fan support there is no contest, X and T are in a class of their own.

When I was coaching and scouting not including NKy I found that Mason County and Belfry had great fans and hospitality and I can not leave out Russell and their hospitality/press box. JD

As far as support, I would have to say the fans that attend the games of the winless teams. If you travel to watch your team even though they are large underdogs, that is being a loyal fan.

I don't know if they are the best fans or not, but I have always been amazed at how well tiny Williamsburg travels. Recently at an away game at Campbellsville the visitor's side was fuller than the home. I have been to a number of away games and the Williamsburg side is always well represented.

I can say GCHS don't have good fans. They set there like, they are in a twilight zone. No wonder are boy are never fired up, it take the fans to help with momentum, and excitment from the stands.

While I wish I could say Fort Campbell, I can’t because most of the kids who graduate from here move elsewhere which doesn’t leave much in the way of alumni and most of the fans are parents and students. However, I was impressed a couple of years ago when Owensboro Catholic brought one or two motor coaches to a game at Fort Campbell and had more fans then our visitors side would hold.

 

On the opposite side of the issue, FC scrimmaged a team this fall and the visiting fans arrived on a bus prior to most of the Fort Campbell fans/parents and they sat right at the fifty yard line on the home side. Many of us found that to be extremely disrespectful and rude. In the end Fort Campbell won the scrimmage so hopefully their view was good.

A friend of mine told me that Highlands fans were the best he's ever seen. When they played at Madison Central they got there early and tailgated, then cleaned up after themselves. They brought their own trash bags and everything.

From a Danville Fan I will say this year goes to Russellville,Great Ole Stadium,New Turf,Good press box...and the fans were awesome

While I wish I could say Fort Campbell, I can’t because most of the kids who graduate from here move elsewhere which doesn’t leave much in the way of alumni and most of the fans are parents and students. However, I was impressed a couple of years ago when Owensboro Catholic brought one or two motor coaches to a game at Fort Campbell and had more fans then our visitors side would hold.

 

On the opposite side of the issue, FC scrimmaged a team this fall and the visiting fans arrived on a bus prior to most of the Fort Campbell fans/parents and they sat right at the fifty yard line on the home side. Many of us found that to be extremely disrespectful and rude. In the end Fort Campbell won the scrimmage so hopefully their view was good.

 

 

While I understand your sentiment, I have to ask: does FC have decent visitors seating? If not, then I don't blame the visiting fans for sitting on the home side. They bought their ticket for the same price as the home fans and if the home school provides poor visitors bleachers, then sitting on the home side is only fair.

A friend of mine told me that Highlands fans were the best he's ever seen. When they played at Madison Central they got there early and tailgated, then cleaned up after themselves. They brought their own trash bags and everything.

 

Thanks for the complement, but I can't imagine anyone not taking garbage bags and cleaning up after themselves.

:thumb:

Bell County fans have been great this year. Bell Co. fan numbers have rivaled the home teams attendance in our last two outings at McCreary Central and Leslie Co. where they are having tough years. Pretty good for the distance they have to travel. Look for a great caravan heading north to Lexington tomorrow night to see the Bobcats take on Tates Creek. Let's cheer the Bobcats on to victory and a perfect 10-0 regular season finish!

Probably for every high school playing football in the State you would have about that many claiming their fans are the best.

I think that Raceland fans, small class A school and not many of us compared to some of the bigger schools. I can't count the number of away games that I have been to and Raceland fans have outnumbered the home team's fans. I say that we are the best fans. Ashland has a great fan base as well and they would not doubt say that their fans are the best, same with just about any other school and their fans. :thumb:

 

IMO the truth is all are right! Should you as a fan support your team through good and bad times and show respect to the kids (that is what it is all about ;)) then you are a great fan :thumb:.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.